Hcx.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Savanna characteristics

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Savanna characteristics

Order Essay and Get It on Time - savanna characteristics

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Order Essay Paper - Savanna - biome facts

Nov 17, 2017 Savanna characteristics,

Buy Essays Cheap - Tropical Savannas | Biomes of the World - PHP Radford

book report summary Why do book reports strike terror in savanna, the hearts of most students? Simply, writing a book report is case starbucks, not easy. Savanna Characteristics. A book report challenges students to think and write critically about chicago riot what they’ve read. Characteristics. In the early elementary grades, extra support is Zeale Hurston Essay, given, often with book report worksheets that prompt students to write about a favorite character and other book details. But as children progress through upper elementary, middle, and high school, they are expected to savanna characteristics, write book reports independently. And Shiite. At Time4Writing, we work with students on an individual basis to characteristics, develop their writing skills through online writing courses. And Shiite. We hope this roadmap helps your child navigate writing a school book report with a minimum amount of terror! How to Write a Book Report. Before you write, read.

There’s no substitute for reading the book. Choose a book you’ll enjoy—reading should be fun, not a chore! Read with a pen and characteristics, paper at your side. Jotting down page numbers and notes about significant passages will be very useful when it comes time to write. Remember, unless your book is a personal copy, don’t write in the book itself.

Use a Book Report Outline. After reading the study guide book, you are ready to savanna characteristics, start the writing process. When writing a book report, or when answering any writing prompt, you#8217;ll find writing easier if you follow the Homelessness is No an Issue proven steps of the writing process: prewriting, writing, revising, editing, and characteristics, publishing. In the david malouf first step, prewriting, you’ll plan what you want to characteristics, say. An outline is a great prewriting tool for Morality Essay, book reports. Start your book report outline with the following five ideas. Each idea should correspond to savanna, a paragraph: 2. Summary of 1919 Book. 3. Savanna. Book Details: Characters. 4. Book Details: Plot. Case Starbucks. 5. Savanna. Evaluation and Conclusion.

In organizing your thoughts, jot down a few ideas for each of these paragraphs. Reminder: Every grade level (and teacher) has different requirements for book report content. 1919 Race. Review your teacher’s instructions before you create your book report outline. Most book reports begin with the basic information about the book: the book’s title, author, genre, and characteristics, publication information (publisher, number of Longer pages, and year published). The opening paragraph is also your opportunity to savanna characteristics, build interest by mentioning any unusual facts or circumstances about the case starbucks writing of the book or noteworthy credentials of the savanna author. Was the book a bestseller? Is the author a well-known authority on the subject? Book reports are personal, too, so it’s perfectly acceptable to state why you chose to difference, read it.

In the savanna characteristics body of the book report—paragraphs two, three, and Succeeding, four—you’ll describe what the savanna characteristics book is about. Tmc Ecampus. This is your chance to show you’ve read and savanna, understood the book. Case Starbucks. Assuming you’ve read a fiction book, below are helpful writing tips: Summary: Start this paragraph by writing an overview of the savanna characteristics story, including its setting, time period, main characters, and The Search for Nora, plot. Specify who tells the savanna story (point of 1919 chicago race riot view) and the tone or atmosphere of the book. Savanna. Is it a creepy tale of suspense or a lighthearted adventure? Character Details: In this paragraph, describe the main characters and identify the major conflict or problem the main characters are trying to solve. Case Starbucks. You can also write another paragraph about the savanna other characters in the book. 1919 Chicago. Plot Details: In writing about the plot, you don’t need to characteristics, tell every detail of the story. Tmc Ecampus. Instead, focus on characteristics, the main sequence of events. You can discuss plot highlights, from the rising action to the book’s climax and The Search Essay, conflict resolution. Savanna Characteristics. Make sure you mention the author’s use of any literary devices you’ve been studying in sunni difference, class.

Book Reports on Non-fiction. If you are writing a book report on a biography or other factual text, you’ll want to devote the body of your book report to a description of the book’s subject and the author’s points of savanna characteristics view. Use the malouf chapter headings to help you present the savanna author’s ideas and The Search Zeale Essay, arguments in an orderly manner. As with a fictional plot, you don’t have to cover every argument made by the author. Instead, choose the savanna main ideas and the ones most interesting to you.

If you read a biography, write about for Nora some of the important events in the person’s life. Characteristics. Personal Evaluation and Conclusion. You’ll like writing the Essay about final paragraph because it is savanna characteristics, here that you’ll be able to offer your own critique of the book. Race Riot. What are the book’s strengths and savanna characteristics, weaknesses? Did the sunni book hold your interest?

What did you learn from the book? If you read a work of fiction, how did the book affect you? If you read non-fiction, were you swayed by the author’s arguments? Try to be balanced in your opinions, and support your statements with examples from the characteristics book. And Shiite Difference. Give your honest opinion of the book and whether or not you would recommend it to others. Revising, Editing, and Publishing. Characteristics. After you’ve drafted your book report, you’re ready to follow the chicago race next three steps of the savanna writing process: revising, editing, and publishing. Begin revising by Opposes, reading your book report aloud or to savanna, a friend for feedback. Tmc Ecampus. As you edit, check your grammar and characteristics, use of the correct guidelines for book quotes and tmc ecampus, writing the book title. Give enough time to savanna characteristics, revising and editing, and case starbucks, your published book report will be that much better. Book Reports: A Type of Expository Essay.

A book report is usually written as an savanna characteristics expository essay, although it can be written in other forms. Case Starbucks. In some cases, a teacher will ask students to savanna, take a point of view when writing a book report. Here is an case starbucks example: “Explain why Hoot by Carl Hiiassen is the savanna characteristics best American kid’s novel of the last decade. Tmc Ecampus. Please use examples.” This type of writing prompt requires a persuasive style of writing. Teachers may also assign book reviews, which challenge students to persuade their classmates to savanna, read or not read a particular book. For Nora Zeale Hurston Essay. If writing a book review, don’t reveal the characteristics ending! Rely on Your Writing Training to Write Book Reports.

Time4Writing#8217;s online writing classes and one-to-one, teacher-led instruction help in david malouf study, building students’ writing skills. Savanna Characteristics. When students develop strong basic skills, they can succeed at any writing assignment, including a book report. And Shiite. Time4Writing offers online writing courses for savanna characteristics, kids in elementary, middle school, and tmc ecampus, high school, and pairs each student with a certified teacher for savanna, personalized writing instruction. Time4Writing’s eight-week, online writing courses are highly effective in case starbucks, helping students develop their writing skills and building confidence. Find out savanna characteristics, how Time4Writing#8217;s online writing classes can make a real difference in When Morality Opposes, your child’s writing.

Buying essays online - Savanna Biomes - Blue Planet Biomes

Savanna characteristics

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online - Savanna Biomes - Blue Planet Biomes

Custom Essay Writing Service - Savanna Biomes - Blue Planet Biomes

not to do homework Copyright 2002 by savanna characteristics Elizabeth Yeow. Included here with permission of the author. #9;Every fall excitement fills the david study air as students arrive at school with new backpacks and school supplies, eager to characteristics meet their new teacher. Always a new beginning, the start of school allows every student to david malouf have a fresh beginning and make this year the characteristics best year ever. Yet within weeks of the start of school, teachers begin to sunni and shiite see a certain pattern emerging: the same students repeatedly neglect to characteristics turn in malouf study guide homework. Savanna Characteristics? The teacher will then remind, reprimand, take away recess, and threaten to Essay Homelessness Longer an Issue call home and talk to their mom and characteristics, dad. Occasionally, this will work and the student will miraculously appear with homework in Morality Opposes Justice: Essay examples hand, most of the time there are just excuses. More often, the characteristics teacher becomes more frustrated and case starbucks, disheartened, the student#146;s grades drop and he or she will feel like a failure.

The repetition of this scenario caused me to really consider the value and effect of homework. Every year, and savanna, this year is Homelessness is No Longer no exception, I have at least one student, usually two, who never bring their completed homework back on time. I was puzzled by these students#146; attitudes towards homework. I wanted to understand more about their perceptions of homework and to find out what kind of support they were receiving at home. Savanna? Perhaps, these students do not understand the homework or maybe their parents are unable to tmc ecampus help them.

Maybe the instructions were unclear or the homework is too difficult for them. I wanted to understand more about their parents#146; views about characteristics, school and sunni difference, homework. I also wanted to characteristics know more about other issues that may be going on at home. What are some things that I could do to help them bring their homework back? As I began this study, I had several assumptions.

I saw homework is an important part of their schoolwork and is a reinforcement of case starbucks, what is learned at school. This extra practice is helpful to students and when students do not do their homework it affects how they do in school. Savanna Characteristics? Also, lack of finished homework may be an and shiite difference, indication of their attitude towards school or learning. I teach at Clara Barton Elementary School (pseudonym), a public elementary school in the suburbs of a metropolitan area, about 15 miles outside of Washington, DC. At the beginning of this school year Clara Barton Elementary School switched from a traditional school calendar to a year round calendar. Savanna? On the year round calendar school is in session for nine weeks and then there is a two or three week intersession break. David? During the savanna intersession remediation and enrichment classes are offered to When Opposes Human Essay students. The cost of attending intersession is five dollars. The community around Clara Barton Elementary School is comprised of single family homes, townhouses, and multifamily dwellings.

The majority of the students that attend Clara Barton Elementary School live in the townhouse community directly behind the school. The townhouse community accepts Section 8 housing certificates. Many of the savanna characteristics townhouses house more than one family. There is a high transience rate at Clara Barton Elementary School of about 40 percent. Tmc Ecampus? Seventy-five percent of the school is composed of ethnic- and language-minority students. More than 22 countries and many different languages are represented at savanna Clara Barton Elementary School. Many of the tmc ecampus students that attend Clara Barton Elementary School are from low-income families. Clara Barton Elementary School receives funding from Title I and many of the students receive free or reduced lunches.

The school is organized primarily into savanna characteristics self-contained classrooms. Case Starbucks? The school does not have a formal homework policy, but in the staff handbook there is a recommended amount of time students should spend on homework based on grade level. Third grade students should have between 30-60 minutes of homework per evening. The school slogan is Clara Barton Reads and students are encouraged to read 20 minutes at home every night as part of their homework. This is savanna characteristics my fourth year teaching and I have taught third grade at Clara Barton Elementary for all four years.

I am an The Search for Nora Essay, Asian female. The students in my class are all in the third grade. The class is composed of 18 students, 8 boys and 10 girls. Savanna Characteristics? Sixteen out of the 18 are ESOL students. Essay About Homelessness An Issue? Eight of the characteristics students speak Spanish at home, 5 speak Vietnamese, and 1 speaks another language.

Homework in david malouf guide my classroom is savanna assigned Monday through Thursday evenings and usually includes spelling, reading, and Hurston, math. When students arrive at school in the morning they take out savanna characteristics their homework and stack it on a table at the back of the for Nora Zeale Hurston room. While they are putting their backpacks, books, and jackets away I check in their homework. Any student who does not bring in completed homework has to savanna characteristics finish their homework during free activity time. Selecting a Focus Group. As I looked over my homework grade sheet I noticed that I had three students, all boys, who repeatedly did not bring in their homework. Two of the is No boys, Jose and Juan (pseudonyms), are Hispanic and one, Aaron (pseudonym), is African-American. Originally I decided to look at all three students, but then Juan moved mid-year. So, I had two students to focus on, but the more I collected data and reflected I realized that I really was focusing more on Jose. Due to time constraints and the inability to contact Aaron#146;s mother I decided to focus this study about Jose.

#9;Jose is a third grade, ESOL student. Savanna Characteristics? His primary language is Spanish; however he is very fluent in English. Jose has helped translate a few words for me before. He is the oldest child in his family and has one younger sibling who is difference not old enough yet for school. Characteristics? He lives with his mother, father, grandmother, and about Homelessness, younger sister. His father and mother both work full-time. His father often has to work night shifts and sometimes does not get to see Jose much because of his work schedule. Jose has attended Clara Barton Elementary School since kindergarten and characteristics, lives in the townhouse community behind the school. Case Starbucks? Jose loves to draw during his free moments and will frequently take out characteristics a notebook and draw action figures. Jose takes Tae Kwon Doe classes in the evenings and frequently talks about case starbucks, how he enjoys these classes. He is well-liked at school and has many friends, both boys and girls, in his class.

He is characteristics reading on grade level, but his writing and math are below grade level. Frequently Jose needs short extensions on in-class assignments. As I considered my puzzlement over students#146; attitudes towards homework I realized there may be many different things contributing to this puzzling situation. My own beliefs and values may be contributing to Homelessness is No Longer this puzzling situation. Perhaps my expectations for completed homework are too high or I am giving too much homework. My expectation that students should have and do homework may be influenced by my experience with homework as a child. #9;In the savanna characteristics last thirty years the controversy over the value of homework has come up again and again. Depending on the decade there are either demands for more homework or cries for less homework. Proponents for homework believe that it can help students retain more, improve study skills, and Hurston Essay, teach students that learning can take place anywhere.

In addition, homework can promote independence and responsibility and it can help parents connect with what their children are learning in savanna school. Opponents of homework believe that homework can hinder children from participating in other beneficial activities, such as sports or scouts. In addition, parental involvement with homework can confuse students if their parents use techniques that are different than their teachers. Homework can also accentuate the disparity between students from low-income homes and students from tmc ecampus, middle-class homes. Characteristics? Students from low-income homes may have more difficulty completing an assignment (Cooper, 2001). It is When Opposes Justice: Human Nature examples also possible that there is savanna characteristics a cultural mismatch between what is emphasized at home and what is emphasized at school. My belief that homework is important and should be given Monday through Thursday nights is also emphasized by the administration at tmc ecampus my school. Perhaps Jose#146;s parents do not value schoolwork and savanna, homework as much as it is case starbucks emphasized in school. They may feel that homework is repetitious and unnecessary for their child. Savanna Characteristics? Maybe they feel they can provide more authentic learning after school for their children by providing them with cultural, athletic, or other experiences.

Parents may feel that these other activities will benefit their child more and may therefore not stress homework. Tmc Ecampus? It is also possible that parents may not value school and this feeling is conveyed to students. Outside influences may also affect Jose. Perhaps he has seen older friends or relatives who do not do their homework. He may view these older ones as cool or maybe he has seen kids on television or in movies that do not do their homework. Another outside influence might be the economic situation of the family. Savanna? The family may be struggling to ransom david make ends meet and savanna, there may be difficulties at home that are a higher priority to students than homework. #9;These cultural influences are important for me to look at because they could change the way I administer homework or the amount of homework that I give.

After considering all of the case starbucks possible cultural influences, I decided to narrow them down to the two that I believe to be the characteristics most significant. The two cultural influences that I thought might be the most applicable to my puzzlement are teacher beliefs (CIP 3.1) and a cultural mismatch between home and school (CIP 3.3.2). My beliefs as the teacher affect my giving of homework, my expectation that it be done, and how much I actually assign to students. Tmc Ecampus? I believe that one of the characteristics strongest influences on young children is their family and sunni, their home. Since young children are still very much under the direct charge of their parents, if they bring in savanna characteristics their homework or not is especially dependent on their parents. Their parents have control over tmc ecampus whether or not they are given time after school to complete homework.

The school culture emphasizes an characteristics, importance on Zeale, homework and characteristics, this may not coincide with parental beliefs or practices. This discord will ultimately affect how a child is perceived by his/her teacher and how successful he/she is academically. In order to determine what cultural influences were contributing to my puzzlement I needed to gather information about my beliefs. Sunni And Shiite? I chose to look at characteristics these by journaling, a technique recommended in the Cultural Inquiry Process (Jacob, 1999). In my journaling I needed to consider why this situation was puzzling to me and why I think this situation is happening.

My beliefs, background, and previous experience influence how I look at for Nora Essay this puzzling situation and how I approach this situation. If I can identify my beliefs and values then I can see how they might be contributing to characteristics the puzzling situation. After reflecting and journaling about my homework beliefs I had the opportunity to When Human Nature examples discuss the topic of characteristics, my research with my colleagues at school. Through this discussion I realized that I should ask them what their beliefs were about homework and find out how much homework the other third grade teachers were giving (CIP 4.1). #9;Information also needed to ransom malouf study be gathered about a mismatch between the student#146;s home culture and the school curriculum (CIP 4.3.2). Characteristics? The school or the school district might have a homework policy that I am unaware of. If there is for Nora Zeale Hurston Essay a homework policy then there is not a strong emphasis on it and it does not seem to influence teachers and how often or how much homework they give. Weisenthal, Cooper, Greenblatt Marcus, (1997) found that schools with a strong emphasis on savanna, homework influenced how often teachers gave homework.

I realized it was important to look at the school culture and then to look at the home culture and guide, see if there was a mismatch. In order to find out characteristics more information about Jose#146;s home culture I considered visiting his home but I had difficulty contacting his parents. I sent many notes home, called home and tried to leave messages. Eventually I was able to speak to Jose#146;s father. I also interviewed students using a modified version of The Student Survey of Homework Practices (Grajria, M. Case Starbucks? Salend, S. J., 1995) to try to savanna determine what the home environment and culture was like as well as to find out what their attitude was toward homework.

I looked at Jose#146;s school history and contacted Jose#146;s second grade teacher to see what Jose had been like as a second grader. #9;I grew up in an environment where receiving and Essay Longer, doing homework was part of a daily routine. Teachers gave me homework, my parents expected that I would have it done, and if I did not do it I felt horrible. My parents always made sure that my homework was done when I was in elementary school. By the characteristics time I reached middle school and high school I had acquired the habit of doing homework independently. I have always believed that homework helps students learn and reinforces concepts. An Issue? The question I have to ask myself in this puzzlement is Do I know for sure that homework benefits students?

In order to answer this question I decided to look at characteristics some research that has been done on the benefits or detriments of case starbucks, homework. The correlation between completing homework and academic achievement has been the subject of much research. Savanna Characteristics? Depending on which side of the homework argument one is on, research can have both positive and negative effects on students. According to Cooper (2001) some positive academic effects of homework include retention and understanding of material, improved study skills, improved attitudes toward school. Some nonacademic effects of ransom david guide, homework include promoting independent and responsibility in students and involving parents in what is going on savanna, in the classroom. Homework also has some negative effects, such as boredom, denying students leisure time and the benefits of tmc ecampus, wholesome learning from scouts or sports. Homework can lead to cheating and savanna, can emphasize the disparity between the homes of low-income and middle class students. Students from low-income homes may have to work after school or may not have a quiet place to study at case starbucks home.

When looking at characteristics 50 studies done on Longer an Issue, homework and student achievement, Cooper (2001) found that homework had little or no effect on characteristics, student achievement at the elementary level. #9;After reading some research on the effects of for Nora Hurston Essay, homework on academic achievement I had to seriously consider how my beliefs fit into this. I realized that giving homework benefited me as the teacher. These benefits matched the benefits teachers expressed having in the Homework Attitude and Behaviour Inventory for Teachers (Weisenthal et al., 1997). Homework improved my ability to cover the curriculum and acted as a kind of bridge between the last lesson and the next one. Although homework benefited me, as the teacher, I found myself reconsidering why I was handing out homework to students. According to Kralovec and Buell (2001), elementary school students show no significant academic gain from doing homework.

So, if homework was not helping students academically then how worthwhile was giving homework? #9; I found out that the other two third grade teachers, both males, at my school were not giving as much homework as I was. One teacher usually gave only spelling and reading as homework. Every once in a while he would give math homework. The other third grade teacher usually gave math and savanna characteristics, reading as homework and Human Nature Essay, rarely gave spelling homework. I, on the other hand, gave math, spelling, and reading as homework. Why weren#146;t the other teachers giving as much homework as I was? According to characteristics Weisenthal et al. (1997) some teachers may go easy on themselves so they have less homework to tmc ecampus collect and to grade. I decided to go back and interview the other third grade teachers to characteristics find out what their beliefs about homework were. One of the teachers did not believe that giving homework was a big deal unless a child did not understand the homework.

He believed that homework should be given for students to build responsibility and for character building. In his experience the study guide ones that don#146;t bring their homework back are usually the ones that don#146;t understand the concepts. He also felt that at the elementary level if students pay attention in class then they will achieve and homework will not necessarily help them achieve. The other third grade teacher believed that homework should be a reinforcement of savanna characteristics, what is taught in school and he felt that it made a difference in The Search for Nora Hurston Essay their achievement at savanna school. He said that he could tell the next day by student performance if a student did or did not do their homework. He also believed that homework helped students learn to be responsible and build a good work ethic. After discussing homework policies and their beliefs about homework with my colleagues I went to the principal and asked her if we had a school wide homework policy. She referred me to the staff handbook. Tmc Ecampus? Although there is savanna characteristics not a school wide homework policy, there were some generally accepted principles that should govern teachers when assigning homework. Some of the principles include, flexibility and differences in the assignments to individual students, homework should be reasonable in The Search Zeale Hurston view of the pupil#146;s situation including health, housing conditions, outside work or responsibility, leisure-time activity and conflicting demands of savanna, home and school. On the daily announcements students are encouraged to read for 20 minutes every night as homework.

Any homework given out in addition to this is up to the individual teacher. I also looked through Homework Helper: A Guide for Opposes Justice: Human, Teachers which was published by the school district. This guide was handed out at savanna characteristics a staff meeting at the beginning of the school year and teachers were encouraged to use it as a guide. Since that time homework has not been discussed with the tmc ecampus staff. According to the guide the purpose of homework is to savanna practice skills, reinforce academic concepts, extend learning, promote good study skills, apply new skills and concepts, involve parents, and develop positive attitudes toward school and learning. Tmc Ecampus? The guide does not discuss the amount of homework to be given. Any homework, aside from the daily reading, is up to savanna the individual teacher. #9;In order to gather more information about Jose#146;s home culture I tried to contact Jose#146;s parents through notes and phone calls home.

After repeated attempts to contact Jose#146;s parents, his father appeared one afternoon at my classroom door. It appeared that he had finally received one of the many messages I left for him. I was very excited to meet with him, but wondered how the meeting would go as we did not have a translator. After a few minutes I thought it would be appropriate because it seemed that he had enough of a grasp of the English language for us to malouf study guide be able to communicate without a translator. Our meeting was short (we really did need a translator). I asked him a few questions about his job and Jose#146;s behavior and work habits at home.

He seemed very responsive and concerned. Apparently Jose had been telling him since the beginning of the year that he did not have any homework. Savanna Characteristics? He had believed Jose and david study, did not try to contact me to confirm it. He and his wife both worked long hours and many times he had to work the night shift. Characteristics? Often when Jose comes home his mother is at work and his father is either at Essay is No Longer work or sleeping. His grandmother, who speaks only Spanish, is savanna characteristics there to watch him. Jose#146;s father said that he or his wife always asked Jose if he had finished his homework. He did mention that one afternoon when he told Jose his friend had to go home he saw Jose give his friend a piece of paper that looked like homework.

His father didn#146;t ask about The Search Zeale Hurston, it and forgot about savanna, it until his meeting with me. The weekly notes that I had been sending home did not reach Jose#146;s parents either. Jose#146;s father suggested that he could sign Jose#146;s homework every evening and and shiite, maybe this would help Jose do his homework and bring it to school. Savanna Characteristics? The day after meeting with Jose#146;s father, Jose did not have his homework. He did bring his homework the next day signed by his father, but since then he hasn#146;t had anything signed by either parent. #9;I realized through this brief interaction with Jose#146;s father that he and his wife both cared about their son and his success in study guide school. However, I realized that they also had other things, such as tae kwon do lessons, that they wanted their son to characteristics learn. Gonz á lez (1995) points out how important it is for Essay Longer an Issue, teachers to know their students#146; culture and to not have a prepackaged awareness of cultural diversity. They were providing nonacademic experiences for their son that they felt were important for his development as a person. In addition, I realized that Jose#146;s father wanted his son to do his homework, but was very limited due to his work schedule to encourage and help Jose. Savanna Characteristics? I#146;m not sure why Jose#146;s mother did not return phone calls or come to school with Jose.

I have only seen Jose#146;s father with him when attending school events. Although Jose#146;s father indicated that they asked Jose about his homework they did not seem to Zeale Essay do anything to savanna encourage or require that Jose do his homework. About Is No An Issue? Since they may not have been encouraging him to do his homework Jose may have been getting the savanna message that homework was not valuable to his parents. #9;I contacted Jose#146;s second grade teacher to discuss his homework habits in second grade. I found out that he rarely brought in finished homework and The Search for Nora Zeale Hurston Essay, Jose#146;s second grade teacher frequently tried to contact his parents to discuss work habits. She noticed that when his father had to savanna characteristics work the david malouf guide night shift Jose came to school quite disheveled and without any homework. When Jose#146;s father switched to working during the day Jose seemed more attentive in school and sometimes was able to bring in finished homework. Jose#146;s achievement in school, including homework completion, seemed to be directly affected by his father#146;s work schedule. Tapia (1998) indicated that the most important factor influencing poor students#146; academic performance is family stability.

Jose#146;s feeling of family stability seemed to be affected by seeing his father regularly during the afternoon and evening. #9;To find out my class#146; attitude and homework habits I passed out the Homework Survey to my whole class and read it to them as they circled responses. I emphasized that this was not for a grade and they should answer exactly how they felt and not be worried about being wrong. Some sample questions from the survey are as follows: - I get easily distracted when I am doing my homework. - I feel unsure about savanna characteristics, which homework assignment to case starbucks do first.

- I feel teachers are unfair and give too much homework. - Activities such as sports and music are more important to me than doing my homework. - Someone checks my homework for me when I am done. - Someone at home asks me if I have finished my homework. I handed out the savanna characteristics surveys and and shiite, then read through each item and explained any of the questions that students did not understand. As I looked over the surveys I realized that my students were limited in their ability to self-report because of their young age and their self-reports may not be identical to their actual practices at characteristics home.

For example, Aaron reported that he always turned in his homework when he actually rarely turned in ransom malouf guide his homework. Nine students, half of the class indicated that they need someone to remind them to do their homework. Half the class indicated that they sometimes need help with their homework. It was interesting to note that Jose indicated that he does not like to do homework, many times feels he needs help with his homework, and savanna, he thinks homework is important only some of the Hurston time. Jose also indicated that he received daily reminders at home to do his homework, but despite these reminders he did not always do his homework. Interventions and savanna, Monitoring. #9;One intervention I tried was to case starbucks change homework assignments so there wasn#146;t as much of characteristics, a mismatch between Jose#146;s culture and the school curriculum (CIP 5.3.2). Maybe Jose did not see the relevance of the homework that was given and tmc ecampus, needed homework that was more meaningful. Kravolec and Buell (2001) found homework could be very disruptive of family life.

It can interfere with what parents want to teach their children and punish children in poverty from being poor. Parents may have cultural and religious beliefs or life skills that they feel are important for their children to learn, but homework may interfere with the limited time they have with their children to share those beliefs or skills. Since Jose frequently talked about Tae Kwon Do lessons and other things that he did during the savanna characteristics week with his parents, I realized that it was important to them for their son to Essay Homelessness is No Longer be trained in some kind of sport. They might also feel that as a growing boy Jose needed some physical activity after school. Although Jose indicated that his parents asked him about his homework they did not ask to see his homework.

They believed him when he said he did not have homework or that he had finished his homework. It is possible that they did not have the characteristics time or energy to look at his homework. They both worked long hours and it is possible that they had many daily survival demands that are more important than Jose#146;s elementary school homework. Since outside influences can not always be controlled or changed, I realized that interventions had to be made at the school or classroom level to help students (CIP 5.4.1). It seemed that Jose was not getting the support that he needed from home because his parents#146; time is occupied with work and other basic survival issues, so one intervention was to give less challenging homework.

Although all the homework I give students should be able to do independently, he had indicated on his Homework Survey that he needed help a lot. So, I modified his homework and noticed that he started turning in part of his homework. His parents#146; limited English may affect Jose, so I tried to give more homework that was self-explanatory and made sure that he understood all the Essay about Homelessness Longer directions before he left school. Another intervention I tried was to characteristics allow Jose to begin his homework at school. Tmc Ecampus? I let him start his homework at school. Savanna Characteristics? I noticed that the next day sometimes the only part he would have to turn in sunni was the part he had started in savanna school. Jose seemed to have difficulty getting his homework from school to home and then back to school. About Homelessness An Issue? So, I gave Jose a checklist with a Velcro check that he could move when he had completed a task. The checklist was to savanna characteristics help him write his homework down, collect the materials he needed for home, put them in his backpack. His father was given a matching one to keep at home. Zeale? Before leaving to go home everyday he had to make sure to check in savanna characteristics with me so I could check his backpack.

After receiving the checklist I watched Jose everyday and noticed that he wasn#146;t following it. I reminded him and encouraged him to use it, but he still didn#146;t use it. On a daily basis I continue to check Jose#146;s backpack and The Search Zeale Hurston Essay, give verbal reminders to use his homework checklist. He lost the savanna characteristics Velcro check for his end-of-the-day checklist on his desk, so I gave him a new one, but he still hasn#146;t used it. He has gotten used to checking with me before leaving. For about two weeks I reminded him that he needed to see me before he walked out the door. Now he remembers on his own that he has to show me his homework inside his backpack. He comes up to me with his backpack open and his homework at the top so I can see it. When Morality Human Nature Essay? I send informal weekly progress reports home to his parents so that they know how he is doing in savanna school and whether or not he has been turning in his homework. Summary and Implications. After all the interventions and monitoring I can say that Jose turns in his homework about half the case starbucks time.

For the first half of the year he rarely turned in savanna any homework assignments and the ones he turned in were usually unfinished. He seems to have more of an understanding that for me doing homework is just as important as doing work in school. I also have a better understanding of his home situation and that although his parents want him to do well in school they also have other things that they feel are important for Jose to and shiite learn. The communication between home and savanna characteristics, school is definitely better. In addition I feel that I am more aware that the for Nora situation at characteristics home greatly affects students#146; ability to work on homework and bring it back to school. This inquiry and research on the benefits and negative effects of david guide, homework on students like Jose has really caused me to rethink why I give homework and characteristics, the amount of homework I give. Sunni And Shiite Difference? I realized that my beliefs and values about homework really contributed to my puzzlement. I have really been considering and debating within myself the issue of homework.

I feel like I have been forcing my culture and background on students and making them relive how I went through school. Do I give homework for character building or do I really believe that it will help students#146; academic achievement? Checking homework usually takes fifteen minutes in the morning. Maybe this time would be better spent giving minilessons at the beginning of the savanna characteristics day or building community in the classroom. Although the school and The Search Hurston, school district set policies for homework, they do not stress that homework must be given every night. As a result of this research, I want to make sure that I give meaningful homework. I have also decided to give more differentiated homework. Students like Jose seemed to be overwhelmed with the amount of homework that I give so I will try adjusting assignments to characteristics fit the case starbucks individual student as necessary. Cooper, H. Characteristics? (2001).

Homework for all #151; in moderation. Educational Leadership , 34-38. Gajria, M. Salend, S. J. (1995). Homework practices of students with and without learning disabilities: A comparison. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 28 (5), 291-296. Gonz á lez, N. E. (1995). The funds of knowledge for teaching project. Practicing Anthropology, 17 (3), 3-6. Kralovec, E. Buell, J. (2001). End homework now. Educational Leadership , 39-42.

Tapia, J. (1998). The schooling of Puerto Ricans: Philadelphia#146;s most impoverished community. Anthropology and is No Longer, Education Quarterly, 29 (3), 297-323.

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need - Savanna - Wikipedia

Buy Essay Online Help and Buy Professionals Essays - Savanna - biome facts

20 Best And Worst Fonts To Use On Your Resume. Before you even walk into a job interview you’ve made a first impression on the interviewer. Characteristics. How? Through your resume. According to a study conducted by the job search site TheLadders.com, recruiters spend only about six seconds scanning a resume.

So it’s essential that your resume makes a great first impression — that it looks professional and well organized. How do you do that? You start by using a resume font people can actually read (that#8217;s what this post is for), then you design a resume that stands out from the rest (here#8217;s how you do that). When you have both these things you go into Canva and design the thing for free in no time (here#8217;s how you upload fonts from When Opposes Nature examples this article into Canva and here#8217;s where you go in Canva to start your new resume design right now). Times New Roman is characteristics probably the tmc ecampus most commonly chosen fonts for resumes — the very reason you should avoid it, and why it appears on our “Worst” list.

So if you don’t want your resume to look like hundreds of others, you’ll want to choose something else. And Garamond is characteristics a great alternative. A timeless serif typeface like Times New Roman, Garamond’s precursors have been in use for around 500 years. The modern version has the benefit of giving your resume a classic, polished look that’s much more interesting that the tmc ecampus overused Times New Roman. As a bonus, if you’re struggling to savanna characteristics, condense your resume to The Search for Nora, one to two pages (which is a good idea), Garamond can help you fit more text on a page without sacrificing readability by savanna characteristics, lowering the font size or crowding your design by tightening up the spacing. This simple, sophisticated sans-serif typeface, designed in Hurston Essay England in the 1920s, will give your resume a look that is both classic and characteristics, modern.

It’s used widely in the UK (across the British Railways system, by the BBC) and case starbucks, elsewhere. Savanna Characteristics. You might also notice that Gill Sans is very similar to the custom lettering featured on the famous, WWII-era “Keep Calm and case starbucks, Carry On” poster, rediscovered at a British bookstore in savanna characteristics 2000 and subsequently popularized with many replicas of the design. You’ll find this font distributed with Mac OS X and some Microsoft software as Gill Sans MT. Sunni And Shiite. Cambria, a serif font, is part of a suite of typefaces called the ClearType Font Collection, which has been widely distributed with Microsoft Office programs. These typefaces (Calibri, Cambria, Candara, Consolas, Constantia, and Corbel) were designed specifically to perform well on computer monitors. The studio that created Cambria describes it as “the ‘new Times New Roman”…designed specifically for on-screen reading, while still remaining applicable for print,” thanks to its sturdy letter construction that retains legibility even at small sizes. This makes Cambria a good choice for both online and savanna characteristics, printed resumes. Wikimedia Commons/Hans Hoogglans. Although it has been the default Microsoft Word font since 2007, Calibri is still not used as often as Arial, which landed on our “Worst” list for ransom david malouf, that reason. This font has other things going for it, though; professional resume writer Donna Svei points out that typing in Calibri at a 12 pt. size will produce around 500 to 750 words, the ideal length of a two-page resume. Our third and last selection from savanna characteristics Microsoft’s ClearType Font Collection, Constantia’s rounder letterforms make it look more friendly and less stuffy than many serif typefaces.

It’s also suitable for use both on-screen and in printed documents, making it useful for Essay about is No, when you need to distribute your resume in savanna characteristics both digital and hard copy form. Originally designed for tmc ecampus, corporate use, Lato is sans-serif font created to look neutral in body copy but have some unique traits at larger sizes. The font’s designer describes Lato as “serious but friendly” — perfect for characteristics, resumes. Tmc Ecampus. It comes in a wide range of savanna weights and styles, though the “hairline,” “thin,” and “light” weights will be too hard to see at small sizes. It’s available for download (free for both personal and Essay Homelessness an Issue, commercial use) and for web use on Google Fonts. Didot is a distinctive serif font with an upscale look (perhaps a product of its Parisian roots). This classy typeface can lend some style to your resume and seems to savanna characteristics, be particularly popular for industries like fashion and photography. However, its delicate serifs display most clearly at larger sizes, so you’ll do best saving Didot for headings rather than body copy. Wikimedia Commons/Pierre Rudloff.

This Swiss sans-serif typeface is considered by many designers and typographers to ransom malouf study guide, be the king of fonts. It even has its own self-titled documentary film. Thanks to its modern, clean lines and characteristics, exceptional clarity, Helvetica is widely used in case starbucks everything from major corporate logos (BMW, American Airlines, Microsoft) to New York City’s subway signs. To give your resume a clean and contemporary look that’s still professional, try Helvetica. It’s included with Mac operating systems, but if you’re wanting to use it with Windows, you’ll have to characteristics, purchase it. Georgia is another alternative to Essay about Homelessness is No Longer an Issue, Times New Roman. This serif font has letterforms with thicker strokes that make it easy to read even at small sizes. Plus, because it was created specifically for clarity on computer monitors, it looks great viewed on any digital document, such as if you’re sending your resume as a PDF.

This versatile sans-serif font has a very clean, crisp appearance that will give any resume an updated look. It has multiple weights that you can use to differentiate the savanna characteristics various sections and The Search for Nora Hurston Essay, features of your resume, but you should probably avoid the savanna characteristics “book” and “light” weights, as well as any condensed versions — they can be hard to read. Avenir Next is another good option; it was released as a follow-up to Avenir to improve the font’s on-screen display capabilities. Dribbble/Mario Leo Fasolo. When Morality Justice: Human Essay. Surprised this one is on characteristics the list? There’s nothing wrong with the font in itself, it’s just that it has been (over)used and tmc ecampus, abused. Since everyone else is using it on their resumes, yours won’t stand out. Characteristics. Plus, Times New Roman is hard to read at The Search Essay very small sizes and characteristics, doesn’t display particularly well on screens. Like Gill Sans on When Opposes Justice: Human examples our “Best” list, Futura was created in the 1920s. Except this sans-serif typeface was designed in Germany and is more geometric in form.

Although it’s a clean, attractive font, the overall appearance is somewhat stylized and savanna, atypical. With quirks like unusually tall lowercase letters and and shiite difference, a jarring contrast between sharp and round letter shapes, Futura leans more toward decorative and interesting (a.k.a, a display font, meant to be used sparingly) than practical for text-heavy documents like resumes. In the overused category, Arial is savanna Times New Roman’s sans-serif equivalent. Tmc Ecampus. Using a font that’s so common (and, some would say, boring) may be perceived as a lazy choice — not putting much thought or effort into your resume. Plus, Arial is savanna characteristics basically an adaptation of and shiite Helvetica that’s a little looser and more irregular in characteristics its construction.

There’s nothing wrong with conventional fonts, but there are better sans-serif choices out there than Arial. Designed to case starbucks, replicate the look of a typewriter and later adapted for use on actual electric typewriters, this font makes it look like — you guessed it — you typed your resume on a typewriter. Which you didn’t — unless you haven’t updated your resume in 30 some-odd years. Plus, because this is characteristics a monospaced typeface (every letter is spaced equally, as opposed to most other proportionally spaced fonts) it can look a little unnatural, particularly for whole pages of text. Tempted to put your name at the top of your resume in a script that looks like handwriting to give it a little personality? Don’t do it! And especially don’t use Brush Script, which has been so overused that it now looks cheap and dated rather than retro and nostalgic (it was designed in tmc ecampus 1942). While certain creative industries will offer some leeway in savanna playing with the appearance of your resume, when in doubt, it’s always a safe bet to stick to conservative font choices (which means no scripts or other display fonts). Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past several years, you’ll know that using Comic Sans is considered the cardinal sin of font choices. David Study. It was created in savanna characteristics 1994 to replicate the look of comic book speech bubbles, and that’s about all it’s appropriate for. The casual, almost childish look of the font makes it distracting in any serious context.

And in case you’re wondering why anyone would use Comic Sans on a resume, according to this manager, it does happen. Just remember: it’s a good rule of thumb to stay far away from any font that might possibly come across as fun, flowery, flashy, or funky. Century Gothic has a sleek, modern look, but it’s probably a little too irregular for resumes. Additionally, the thin letters of this font’s regular weight can be hard to read, particularly at small sizes. There’s really no good reason anyone should want to use this on tmc ecampus a resume, but people seem to characteristics, like it. So if you’re tempted to give your resume an ransom adventurous or exotic air with Papyrus, resist. This font is so cliche (probably second only to Comic Sans) that is has become something of savanna a joke — Fast Co. Design puts it this way: “as everyone who has written a school project over the last decade will tell you, Papyrus is the font you use to spell out the word #8220;Egypt.#8221; Want to make a bold, confident impression with your resume?

You don’t need a bold, heavy font to do it. Impact is most likely intended for about Homelessness Longer, use in all caps for headlines, but because it includes lowercase letters, people are sure to savanna, use it for body copy, where it’s almost impossible to read. Yes, Trajan Pro has a dignified, important feel, but it would be more appropriate etched into stone than typed on your resume. That’s because the tmc ecampus typeface was inspired by the letterforms carved into Trajan’s Column, a monument dedicated to savanna, the Roman emperor of the same name. The font only has capital letters and small caps (no lowercase option), which makes it unsuitable for tmc ecampus, typing out readable sentences on your resume.

So it’s probably a good idea to leave Trajan to the movie posters (more than 400 of them), particularly those starring Russell Crowe. For resumes, a font size of savanna 10 to 12 pt. (depending on for Nora the particular font, but no smaller than that) is standard. Savanna Characteristics. Larger sizes are acceptable for headings or subheadings. Remember that everyone viewing your resume on a computer will have different fonts installed, and you don’t want your carefully chosen typeface automatically replaced with a substitute that messes up the document’s appearance and formatting. That’s why it’s a good idea to always save and sunni, send your resume as a PDF, which preserves the original appearance (unlike a MS Word document). Do you have a favorite (or least favorite) font for characteristics, resumes? Share in the comments below. The Search For Nora Hurston. Bring great design to your entire workplace. Janie is a freelance writer and graphic designer and the owner of Design Artistree Creative Studio. Savanna. After college, she built on her background in art to case starbucks, explore design. and loved it.

Now, she enjoys finding ways to combine the craftsmanship of traditional fine arts with the digital possibilities of graphic design. Build Your Brand: How to Choose The Right Fonts. Savanna Characteristics. 60 Free Sans Serif Fonts to Give Your Designs a Modern . 60 Free Serif Fonts to Justice: Human examples, Give Your Designs a Traditional . 60 Free Calligraphy Fonts to savanna, Bring Charm to Homelessness is No Longer an Issue, Your Design. 60 Free Outline Icon Sets Perfect for savanna, Contemporary Desi. 60 Free Fonts for Minimalist Designs. 50 Free Headline Fonts Built For Impact And Audience En. 50 Beautiful Free Wallpapers For Creatives [2015 Editio. 50 Design Terms Explained Simply For Non-Designers. The 30 Best Free Social Media Icon Sets of for Nora Essay 2015.

100 Brilliant Color Combinations and characteristics, How to Apply Them . Free Icons: 49 Best Sites To Find Beautiful And Useful . 60 Awesome Free Tools To Create A Visual Marketing Camp. Free Stock Photos: 73 Best Sites To Find Awesome Free I. You're almost there! You’ll receive an email soon to confirm your subscription.

Best Essay Writers Here - Grasslands | Tropical Grasslands (Savannas) | Defenders of Wildlife

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers - Savanna - Wikipedia

Example Persuasive Paper on characteristics, the Death Penalty. Death penalty has been an difference inalienable part of human society and characteristics, its legal system for centuries, regarded as a necessary deterrent to dangerous crimes and a way to liberate the community from dangerous criminals. However, later on this type of Morality Justice: Human Essay, punishment came to be regarded as a crime against humanistic ideals by many, and its validity in the legal system has been questioned. Until now, the debate rages on. Savanna Characteristics? This resulted in tmc ecampus, a wide discrepancy of savanna, laws on this issue. Sunni And Shiite Difference? Some nations including China, the US, Iran, Belarus, and others preserve the death penalty as an option, while others like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and almost all European nations have abolished capital punishment. Still others keep the norm in their legislations, but have de facto suspended execution of criminals sentenced to capital punishment. Savanna Characteristics? This paper will seek to prove that death penalty has to case starbucks be preserved as a valid means of prevention serious crimes. It will examine the savanna characteristics, effect of death penalty on society and tmc ecampus, its relevance to the protection of interests of common citizens.

The history of characteristics, death penalty is almost as old as the history of mankind. Various means of capital punishment involved burning, hanging, drowning, crucifixion, breaking on for Nora Hurston, the will, boiling to death, electrocution, firing squad, gassing - the list can be continued. The choice of a particular method in Europe in the Middle Age, for instance, depended on the social status of the characteristics, condemned. Painless and respectable ways were reserved for the aristocracy; and more painful for the common people, such as hanging or breaking on the wheel. In other cases, the choice of the method was warranted by the time of crime: witches and heretics had to be burned at the stake. Capital punishment was envisaged for a broad array of crimes, “including robbery and theft, even if nobody was physically harmed in the action” (Wikipedia). The French Revolution introduced a more humane execution method, the case starbucks, guillotine that cut off the heads of the savanna, condemned. The first decision to abolish capital punishment was made by the Grand Duke Leopold II of Habsburg in Granducato di Toscana (Tuscany) on 30 November 1786. The duke cancelled the penalty and ordered to destroy all the instruments of murder in his nation after being influenced by the book the Italian Cesare Beccaria Dei Delitti e Delle Pene On Crimes and Punishments. The anniversary of the decree is since 2000 celebrated as a holiday in Tuscany.

In 2004, as reports Amnesty International, 3,797 people in 25 nations were executed. Essay About Homelessness Longer? China accounts for the bulk of these executions - 3,400 cases. Kuwait is the leader in the number of savanna characteristics, executions per Morality Opposes 100,000 residents - 400 compared to 260 in China and 230 in savanna characteristics, Iran, the runner-up on the total number, 159 (Wikipedia). In most nations, death penalty is used to punish criminals for war crimes or serious crimes associated with physical injury. In Asia (Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand) it is used to case starbucks punish for drug-related crimes, even though these crimes are mot related to savanna characteristics physical injury. As part of anti-death penalty movement, this call to repeal this measure has been upheld by various international organizations.

For instance, “the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, which among other things forbids capital punishment for juveniles, has been signed and Morality Opposes Human examples, ratified by all countries except the characteristics, USA and Somalia” (Wikipedia). Some international conventions such as the for Nora Hurston Essay, Second Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and savanna characteristics, Political Rights, and the Sixth Protocol to Essay about Homelessness Longer the European Convention on savanna, Human Rights have been adopted, although they only bind nations that have ratified them. Organizations like the European Union demand from tmc ecampus new members the abolition of death penalty as a condition of entry. Thus, there is a significant pressure on nations to cancel it. Amnesty International and savanna, Human Rights Watch are two prominent organisations fighting against case starbucks, death penalty. The issues involved in the discussion of death penalty usually focus around two main parts. First, this punishment is analysed from savanna a purely utilitarian perspective in The Search Zeale Hurston Essay, an effort to find out whether application of capital punishment really helps to deter crime and reduce the risk of recidivism, when criminals commit repeated crimes. The evidence for this is sought in crime rates in regions and nations where executions are carried out. Second, supporters or opponents of death penalty need to find out whether this penalty can be acknowledged on moral grounds, solving the problem of whether human beings are justified in killing other human beings.

Although the arguments stated remain basically the same throughout history of the discussion, evidence can vary, and the findings, although controversial, can tilt the public opinion to one or the other side. Thus, the support for death penalty surges in nations where especially outrageous murders take place. On the savanna characteristics, contrary, a lower criminal rate reduces the support. Death penalty, in my view, has to be supported on the ground of just retribution for murder. Still, I do not believe in death as a form of punishment for drug dealers, however heinous their activities might be, since they did not violate human lives. For Nora Essay? Political crimes should not be punished with death either, as this would open the way to political repression and physical elimination of political rivals, as it happened in Stalin's times in characteristics, the Soviet Union. However, when a person murders another person, death is the right kind of retribution. This is analogous to penalties imposed for case starbucks, instance for robbery or theft - the criminal often has to forfeit one's possessions for taking the property of savanna, another person. Similarly, it is fair that one who has consciously taken the life of another person should suffer death. In a research paper “Is Capital Punishment Morall Required?

The Relevance of Life-Life Tradeoffs” by Cass R. Susstein and Adrian Vermeule, the and shiite, authors suggest that death penalty is savanna characteristics, morally justified on the basis of ransom david study, distinction between acts and omissions. Most opponents of death penalty argue that it is barbaric for a government to take a human life since there is a difference between an act, such as killing a person, and omission, such as refraining from the act. But, researchers argue, by forbidding official penalty, government officials de facto allow numerous private killings that are left unpunished. However, a government that fails to maintain the welfare of the citizens by savanna characteristics, omitting death penalty from the criminal code will leave citizens unprotected and decrease their welfare “just as would a state that failed to enact simple environmental measures that could save a great many lives” (Sunstein, Vermeule 2005:41). Therefore, punishing the criminals is a necessary part of any state policy. The interests of Longer, victims or potential victims of savanna, murders cannot be overlooked in order to consider the interests of the criminals guilty of the most heinous crime - taking a person's life. One of the The Search Zeale, most important arguments in characteristics, favor of death penalty is the fact that it helps to deter capital crimes.

This issue is debatable since there have been suggestions that application of death penalty has no serious effects on the rate of murders, for instance. Besides, opponents of death penalty claim that it is not possible to deter so-called crimes-of-passion committed in an emotionally affected state when a person is not capable of thinking about future punishment. However, there is evidence that application of capital punishment can indeed prevent crimes, even those that are committed by intimates. A study by Joanna M. Shepherd “Murders of Passion, Execution Delays, and Deterrence of Crime” points to the existence of a correlation between the number of crimes and death penalty. To find this relationship, she looks at monthly murder and execution data using least squares and negative binomial estimations. Her conclusion is that one execution helps to avert three killings on average. Capital punishment also has an sunni and shiite effect on murders by intimates and crimes of passion. The influence is evidenced by rates of crimes committed by victims of both European and Afro-American descent.

The deterring effect of death penalty, however, was found to be reduced by longer waits on the death row. As a result of this trend, “one less murder is committed for every 2.75-years reduction in death row waits” (Shepherd 2003:27). Another paper exploring the relationship between crime rates and death penalty is “State Executions, Deterrence and savanna characteristics, the Incidence of Murder” by Paul R. Zimmerman uses U.S. state-level data over the years 1978-1997 to find out if capital punishment indeed has a deterrent effect. The paper, in evaluating the Opposes examples, deterrent effect of savanna, capital punishment, adjusts the Morality Opposes Nature Essay examples, data for the influence of simultaneity and therefore comes up with estimates of a deterrent effect that greatly those of previous findings. Zimmermann has found that “the estimates imply that a state execution deters approximately fourteen murders per year on average” Zimmerman 2004:163).

Besides, he has established that it is the announcement of characteristics, death penalty that drives the Essay Homelessness is No Longer an Issue, effect. The above-mentioned findings suggest that the deterrent effect of capital punishment is savanna, present and should not be neglected. If the killing of one criminal can prevent at When Justice: examples, least three, or fourteen deaths, by different calculations, this opportunity has to be exploited. We cannot forgo an opportunity to save the lives of honest, innocent, law-abiding citizens. Although any human life is precious, the efforts of the savanna characteristics, society have always been directed mostly at maintaining the well-being of those who live by The Search for Nora Zeale, its rules. They are getting more economic benefits that anti-social elements and can enjoy a more secure future.

Thus, these people have to be protected by the law in savanna, the first place. Death penalty, however improper it may seem from the point of view of defending criminals' interests, is Opposes Human Nature Essay examples, “a guarantee of savanna, no repeat crime” (NCWC). Evidence of repeat offenders returning to normal life is tmc ecampus, scarce, and instances of recidivism are abundant. Once again, the solution depends on the main goal set for the legal system: is it to defend the characteristics, interests of everybody alike or is it designed to support those who spend their lives without harming each other? If we side with those who believe that the case starbucks, system should in the first place support those who are law-abiding, the focus will be on prevention of deaths though murders as the greatest evil generated by crime. Despite the above-mentioned deterrent effect, we cannot effectively prevent crimes by first-time offenders.

It is much easier to prevent those by repeat offenders. One of the most outrageous instances supporting the above claim was the incident that happened in Alabama prison in savanna, 2001: Cuhuatemoc Hinricky Peraita, 25, an inmate who was serving life without parole for 3 murders was found guilty of killing a fellow inmate (Recidivism). The killer was finally sentenced to electrocution. Essay About Is No Longer An Issue? However, if he had been sentenced to death right after the first murder, the other three could have been prevented. The life of an inmate who died at the hands of Peraita is no less valuable than his own. In fact, I strongly believe that it could have been more valuable: maybe that person has repented and was going to return to the society a re-born person? Maybe that person was not guilty of such a heinous crime as murder? Unfortunately, there is too much evidence that certain individuals tend to savanna characteristics commit murder while others are less prone to it. Death penalty would then free society from the return of such individuals. Capital punishment as penalty for murder also has a moral effect on society. It signals to the criminals that murder is a serious crime the community feels strongly about.

In fact, it creates the useful perception of human life as something so precious that taking it has no justification. Death penalty suggests that there is a boundary that should not be overstepped. This should send a message to society members that taking a person's property, however reprehensible, is not to be condemned via taking a life. On the contrary, murder will not be tolerated, and people who have committed this crime should be removed from society as incapable of social living. Another common argument given in When Morality Opposes Justice: Nature examples, favour of death penalty is an economical consideration. Comparisons differ depending on the bias of the people carrying out the comparison. Some say that “the death penalty, because it involves so many required post-trial hearings, reviews, appeals, etc. ends up costing more than life imprisonment” (NCWC). However, these extra expenses have to characteristics be diminished through increasing the cost-efficiency of the legal system, and society that is spending huge amounts on legal services would benefit from such a reform. Just considering the cost of sunni and shiite, keeping a 25-year-old inmate incarcerated till the characteristics, end of one's life is startling and endorses the view that society has to select death penalty as a cheaper option. Opponents of death penalty have given a number of arguments to support their position. In the first place, it is opposed by people on religious grounds.

Representatives of various religious groups claim that only God can take a human life and human being are then not sanctioned to kill each other. However, in the Hebrew Scriptures there is evidence that Jews applied death penalty to about Homelessness Longer an Issue criminals for selected types of savanna, crime. The only difference, instance in the Christian Scriptures includes punishing by death “for lying about savanna characteristics, Church donations: Acts 5:1 to 11 describe how a couple, Ananias and Sapphira sold a piece of real estate” (Religious Tolerance). The couple was killed for lying about the size of the proceeds from the sale of a house in an effort to conceal part of their income. Proceeding to the Christian Scriptures, one finds some evidence that was said to be indicative of Christ's opposition to death penalty questionable. Thus, there is case starbucks, a renowned episode with the female sinner (John 8:3 - 8:11) who was supposed to be stoned to death and saved by Christ saying “He that is characteristics, without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her”. Jesus was not in fact censuring the right to case starbucks kill the woman according to the ancient law. Characteristics? Besides, there is evidence suggesting that this passage was not present in the original version of the Scripture and tmc ecampus, was later added by an unknown person (Religious Tolerance). Besides, the passage from Matthew 5:21-22 is supposed to condemn killing: Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and savanna, whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is tmc ecampus, angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the savanna characteristics, judgment. These words implicate a person who kills out of for Nora Zeale Hurston, anger, but is hardly applicable to cases where a person is murdered through a verdict of qualified jury.

Thus, Christian intolerance of savanna characteristics, death penalty appears doubtful. To negate death first of all would mean the moratorium on wars that take lives of more people than death penalty. The war casualties are often innocent peaceful people who just happened to be caught in the cross-fire, unlike recidivist criminals who end up on death row. Yet most Christian states prepare military doctrines and demonstrate to each other readiness to employ their military machine to kill people if necessary. Still others are practicing war if it suits their political goals. How significantly will then abolition of death penalty forward the goal of living a Christian life? The same argument applies to the anti-death penalty claim that the legal system should not be allowed to execute because there is a possibility of Morality, a legal mistake that will result in the death of a wrong person (NCWC). On these grounds, wars have to be forbidden in savanna characteristics, the first place since they keep killing people that are not to blame at all. They either do their best fighting for tmc ecampus, their motherland in expectation of a heroic death or just, as mentioned before, get caught in cross-fire. Savanna Characteristics? Thus, any nation that does not exclude a war should not exclude death penalty that is The Search for Nora Hurston Essay, a much more balanced mechanism.

Besides, the characteristics, legal system is unfortunately prone to mistakes, as are all social institutions, but this does not mean that they should not be used to carry out case starbucks, their functions. Most other penalties like imprisonment take a heavy toll on savanna, human life, yet they are applied to criminals, even if there is a threat of ruining a person's life by The Search for Nora Essay, mistake. Besides, returning to the incident in Alabama in the previous section, a person dying at the hands of an acknowledged murderer in prison is also a fatal mistake of the legal system. If the system rightfully recognized the capacity to continue killing in characteristics, the criminal, his final victim would have saved his life. One more argument states that since every person has “an inherent right to sunni difference dignity and savanna, life”, most nations have abolished death penalty: “civilized countries don't have it” (NCWC). First, it is case starbucks, still preserved in many nations including the US that fits into many criteria of a civilized country. Besides, quite a few nations that have it in their penal codes like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Barbado, Bangladesh enjoy a relatively low crime rate. This underscores that death penalty adequately serves the main purpose of the legal system: to protect law-abiding citizens. There are many more issues that can be considered with regard to death penalty. One can evaluate the racist argument, for instance, claiming that death penalty is more often imposed on Afro-Americans than European Americans and see how it relates to crime rate in the two groups. Besides, ethical perspectives on savanna characteristics, this issue can be diverse and supported by many different theories.

With the and shiite, arguments presented above, however, it seems clear that there are many valid reasons in support of death penalty. On the contrary, anti-death penalty arguments need to be assessed critically, as, for characteristics, instance, the religious argument. Further research into david study guide, the topic is necessary, with more authoritative studies on the deterrent effect of death penalty on savanna, the criminal rates, tracing various states in the US as well as evidence from other nations. It would also be interesting to examine the historical background of nations that have both capital punishment in their law codes and about Homelessness Longer, extremely low crime rate to see how death penalty affects crime rates. On the more practical level, it is my deepest belief that currently capital punishment has to be preserved in savanna, order to protect potential victims. Any consideration of the crime rate cancellation would become viable if the crime rate at least for murders goes sharply down.

At present, however, capital punishment serves as an important barrier on The Search for Nora Hurston Essay, the way of criminals ready to take another person's life.