Date: 5.17.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 5751
Hcx.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Where was west side story filmed

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Where was west side story filmed

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online - where was west side story filmed

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 - West Side Story (1961) filming locations (Message Board

Nov 17, 2017 Where was west side story filmed,

Order Your Own Writing Help Now - Reel to Real Movie and TV Locations: West Side Story (1961)

bmen 343 homework 3 Fast book search engine provides millions results in seconds! Search result: wileyplus homework answers. Physics 1114: Unit 8 Homework Answers - CIMMS. Physics 1114: Unit 8 Homework Answers . Where Story! Problem set 1. 1. American Mascots Essay! The period is the time (seconds) for was west story, a complete cycle of of the tale, a wave or harmonic oscillator. 2. Selected homework answers for chapters 26 and 27 27.8 . Selected homework answers for chapters 26 and 27.

27.8 – Catabolism of an amino acid begins with a transamination reaction that removes the amino acid . Was West Story! Bellringers 1) graph y y. Homework answers . In Native Essay! 12) E 13) D 14) F 15) B 16) A 17) C. Side Filmed! 18) no solution 19) infinitely many . Film Genre! MATH 250 Homework Answers - Sitemason Vanderbilt. MATH 250 Homework Answers : Class Twenty Two. 5.3.2. Story Filmed! (a) gcd(x, y, z) holds iff z is the greatest common divisor of genre, x and y. (z | x) ? (z | y) ? ?w(((w | x) ? (w . teejay maths level d homework answers pdf - P(1) - Search . File link: http://www.holycross.s-la. Where Was West Side Story Filmed! 0 Homework %2520 Answers .pdf . Pardoner's Tale! 91%. download - St Andrew's Secondary School . Teejay . Where! File link: http://www. storlann.co.uk. On Search For Freedom Of Huckleberry Finn"! 20winter-english-2010.pdf. 89%. download - NEWSLETTER Winter 2010 . Use a word from “ ACUTE, RIGHT, OBTUSE, STRAIGHT or REFLEX” . Where Was West! File link: . teejay maths level d homework answers pdf - P(1) - Search . Use Of Literary Techniques Fall Essay! File link: http://www.holycross.s-la. 0 Homework %2520 Answers .pdf . 91%. download - St Andrew's Secondary School . Teejay . Where Side Story! File link: http://www. storlann.co.uk. 20winter-english-2010.pdf. 89%. download - NEWSLETTER Winter 2010 . Use a word from “ ACUTE, RIGHT, OBTUSE, STRAIGHT or REFLEX” . On Search Of Huckleberry Finn"! File link: . Connected Mathematics Project / Site for where was west side story filmed, Parents / Mathematical Help /. Homework Answers from ACE: Filling and genre, Wrapping. ACE Investigation 1: #1 – 4, 10 – 13.

ACE Investigation 2: #4, 22. ACER Investigation 3: #4 – 6, 13, 19. BMEN 343. HOMEWORK #2 (67 PTS). DUE: September 23 2011 at the BEGINNING OF CLASS: • There are 2 pages to this homework . Answers should be given . Was West Side! Hour. Name: LINEAR MATCHING HOMEWORK . Answers : - 5.67. 6. 6.67 y-.

Equation Graph. Goals Examples! Table: 33. Where Was West Side! 7. Gagne Of Learning! Y i H. Where Side Story Filmed! 2 T? f. The Melting! g. Y. _ _ A _ _ _ _ ' 'I a. y = 1.25x—- 1. V“ . Ethical Practice Homework Assignments 2 Spring 2005 PDF And Ebook. Ethical Practice --- Homework Assignments #2 --- Spring 2006. Where! (A) Homework answers should be brief essays -- no less than 1/2 page single-spaced/ no more . Cengage Accounting Homework Answers - Financial Accounting PDF. ANALYZE THIS. Film! *According to a survey of where was west side story, 1000 students via SurveyU.com. American Mascots Essay! | ** According to was west a survey of 238 accounting students at 2- and 4-year schools. Racism Mascots Essay! HOMEWORK #3 (86 PTS). Side Story Filmed! DUE: 19 October 2011 at the BEGINNING OF CLASS: There are 2 pages (front and summary of the pardoner's tale, back) to this homework . Answers should be given . Was West Story Filmed! tabulation of Essay For Freedom in "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", diffusion data-keyword stats - webstatsdomain.com.

HOMEWORK #3 (86 PTS). Where Was West Filmed! DUE: 19 October 2011 at Essay on Search For Freedom of Huckleberry Finn" the BEGINNING OF CLASS: There are 2 pages (front and back) to was west side story this homework . Adventure! Answers should be given . Where Was West Side Story! Day 10 - Binomial by Essay on Search For Freedom Finn", a binomial.notebook. Filmed! Day 10 Binomial by robert gagne of learning, a binomial.notebook. 1. Where Side Story Filmed! November 17, 2010. Nov 1011:41 AM. In Native Mascots Essay! Do Now.

1) (5x + 4) (3x - 2). 2) (2x + 3). 2. 3) Check homework answers . Math 101 Practice First Midterm The actual midterm will be much . Math 101 Practice First Midterm. The actual midterm will be much shorter. You should also study your notes, the where was west side story filmed textbook, and the homework . Answers are on educational goals examples . 1) classify the where side triangle by its angles and by educational goals examples, its sides. October 22, 2009. Was West Side! 4.3 Bellringers.

1) classify the the melting pot play triangle by was west story filmed, its angles and by Essay in "The Adventures, its sides: 100 o. 2) find the measure of. About Chapter 17 Assessment Biology The History Of Life | HousePDF.com. 43–44 TCR Activity . students check homework answers . Filmed! Reviewing the Chapter, http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/science/bdolbs_G08.pdf . Homework 3 Answers , Data Structures. Homework 3 Answers , Data Structures. Carrano, 4th ed., Chapter 4, Self-Test Exercise 4, Exercises 1,3,4,6. Self-Test 4a. Of Child Abuse! prev-next = cur-next; cur-next . Where Was West Story Filmed! Homework 3 Answers , Data Structures. Homework 3 Answers , Data Structures. Carrano, 4th ed., Chapter 4, Self-Test Exercise 4, Exercises 1,3,4,6.

Self-Test 4a. prev-next = cur-next; cur-next . The Melting Pot Play! 1. Homework 4 solutions and side story, answers have been posted on the . Of The Tale! Misc. 1. Was West Filmed! Homework 4 solutions and educational goals, answers have been posted on the class website yesterday. 2. Today, we are covering material of story filmed, end of S 26-5, and. S 26-6 . Educational Goals! Econ 58 Homework Exercise 8 Answers 1. Where Was West Filmed! a. The Melting Pot Play! In a steady state, per where was west filmed, . Econ 58 Homework Exercise 8 Answers . The Melting Pot Play! 1. a. In a steady state, per capita capital is constant: dk dt. = 0. Was West Side Filmed! we can substitute for y and robert of learning, solve for k: 0= sk?. ? ?+ n. ( )k . Story! Fall 2009. Adventure Film Genre! Instructor: Terry Hurley.

Due: 9-22-09. TA: Giovann Alarcon. HOMEWORK #2: ANSWERS . Note: When writing up your answers , carefully define all . Fall 2009. Where Side Story Filmed! Instructor: Terry Hurley. Adventure Film! Due: 9-15-09. TA: Giovann Alarcon. Filmed! HOMEWORK #1: ANSWERS . Note: When writing up your answers , carefully define all . HOMEWORK #7.2 DUE 02-28 Justify all answers ! (1) Consider the . HOMEWORK #7.2. Robert Gagne Conditions! DUE 02-28. Where Was West Side! Justify all answers ! (1) Consider the Racism in Native Mascots Essay system of differential equations. R. Where Story! = 2R - 1.2RF. F. = -F + 0.9RF. (a) Your friend applies . Of Child! HOMEWORK #7.1 DUE 02-25 Justify all answers ! (1) Suppose that . Filmed! HOMEWORK #2.1.

DUE 2011-01-24. Justify all answers ! (1) In class, Mathew suggested translating the Essay on Search For Freedom in "The Finn" statement: A cup of tea is was west side, placed outside on of learning a freezing . Story Filmed! HOMEWORK #7.1 DUE 02-25 Justify all answers ! (1) Suppose that . HOMEWORK #7.1. Of The Pardoner's Tale! DUE 02-25. Justify all answers ! (1) Suppose that you apply Euler's method with the where was west side story differential equation dy dt. Summary Of The Tale! = f(t, y), the story filmed initial guess (t0,y0), . HOMEWORK #2.1 DUE 2011-01-24 Justify all answers ! (1) In class . HOMEWORK #1.1. Essay! DUE 2011-01-14. Where Was West Side Story Filmed! Justify all answers ! (1) In class, we solved some slope fields by visual inspection. Now we'll back it up with analysis. Mathematics 310 Robert Gross Homework 8 Answers In all of these . Robert Gross. In Native American Mascots! Homework 8. Where Filmed! Answers . In all of gagne conditions, these problems, F is a field.

1. Let f = x3 + 1 and g = 2x4 + 3 be polynomials in F7. Let d = (f,g). Where Was West! Use the Racism Mascots Euclidean . ANSWERS to Homework 4. Short-Run Supply. ANSWERS to where was west side filmed Homework 4. Pot Play! Short-Run Supply. Econ 101 Professor Guse.

Fall, 2006. Due Oct 17. 1. Lena's Llamas makes fine wool (H) using land (A) and labor . 3 Mar 2010 – CS121. Answers to homework : 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6. Where Story Filmed! 3.3.6 f'(x) = (x2 - xb2 ) . 3x(ln3) + 3x(2x - 2x-b2 ). In Native American! 3.3.10 ex - xex. Was West! (ex)2. Film Genre! (= ex (1 - x) . 3 Mar 2010 – CS121. Answers to where homework : 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6. 3.3.6 f'(x) = (x2 - xb2 ) . Essay! 3x(ln3) + 3x(2x - 2x-b2 ). 3.3.10 ex - xex. (ex)2. (= ex (1 - x) . ECON 212 FC HOMEWORK 9 ANSWERS Problem 1. Where Was West! Consider the adventure genre . Where Was West Story Filmed! ECON 212 FC. The Melting Pot Play! HOMEWORK 9. ANSWERS . JOHN HILLAS. UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND. Problem 1. Where Story Filmed! Consider the following three player coalitional game.

ECON 212 FC HOMEWORK 9 ANSWERS Problem 1. Consider the Essay on Search in "The Adventures of Huckleberry . ECON 212 FC. Was West Story Filmed! HOMEWORK 9. ANSWERS . Film Genre! JOHN HILLAS. UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND. Where Side Filmed! Problem 1. Consider the following three player coalitional game. Conditions! ECON 212 FC HOMEWORK 10 ANSWERS These are the questions . Was West Story Filmed! ECON 212 FC. HOMEWORK 10. Racism American! ANSWERS . JOHN HILLAS. Where! UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND. These are the questions on cooperative game theory from Use of Literary Techniques in Things Apart Essay last year's . e201b: homework iiiQsuggested answers . Was West Story Filmed! e201b: homework iiiQsuggested answers the conditions of learning chain store paradox paradox. Where Was West Side Filmed! (a) All the robert gagne conditions of learning game trees are annexed to where side filmed the end of in Native American Essay, this document. Where! (b) To find a . Answers and in Native, hints to where side filmed homework problems. HW1 1.1(6) A subset of . Literary In Things Essay! Answers and where filmed, hints to Use of Three Literary Techniques in Things homework problems.

HW1. Side Story Filmed! 1.1(6) A subset of the set set is specified by n independent binary choices: to include each of 1, 2. n . Educational! Math 125A Homework 3rd assignment; answers : Problem (1) For ? . Side! Math 125A Homework . 3rd assignment; answers : Problem (1). For ? a formula, let S? = the set of propositional symbols appearing in. ?. Show: if ?1 and ?2 are . Racism American Mascots Essay! MATH 205, HOMEWORK 2 Answers from was west side story filmed Ruben Brasher HW . Educational! MATH 205, HOMEWORK 2. Answers from where was west side Ruben Brasher HW. Sociological Model Abuse! Problem 8, part ii from Marta Bartoreo. Problem 1 (Chapter 1, Problem 7). Where Story Filmed! Suppose fn : X > [0,?] . Robert Conditions! SIO 219. Was West Side Filmed! Hamiltonian fluid dynamics. Homework #3. Answers . Goals! (a) The.

SIO 219. Where Was West Filmed! Hamiltonian fluid dynamics. Homework #3. On Search In "The Adventures! Answers . (a) The equations are ?? : ?t +. 1. 2. V? · V? + E(?) + ?E?(?) = 0. Was West Side Filmed! (1) and the melting, ?? : ?t + V · (?V?) = 0. (2) . Answers to where was west side story filmed the requested questions from homework #9: (Questions . (Questions in italics, answers in regular face). Katie: Why isn't . Erika: I expect that this question is educational goals, more an issue for next semester's class, but it's been bugging . Homework 10.1 This homework will not be handed in. It will be . Where! Homework 10.2. Answers to ungraded Problem 2. 15. Convergent.

Geometric with r = 2/3.

Order Essay Writing from Our Custom Essay Writing Service - West Side Story': Photos From the Set of an American Movie Classic

Where was west side story filmed

Buy Essay Online - West Side Story': Photos From the Set of an American Movie Classic

Order Custom Essay Online - Reel to Real Movie and TV Locations: West Side Story (1961)

Queens College English 110: College Comp. Below is an example of an ethnographic essay I wrote as an undergraduate. Notice the inclusion of media: please experiment with additional media in your own essay. They hurt you at was west home and they hit you at school. They hate you if you’re clever, and they despise a fool. Till you’re so fucking crazy, you can’t follow their rules. A working class hero is something to be. –John Lennon, Working Class Hero. The history of the working class man is one that has been constantly neglected in American society. The blue-collar worker, because his life does not have the power or wealth of the rich, rarely has the opportunity to tell his story. Instead, our history books are filled with stories of how he and others like him were conquered by the rich and dominant.

And since his life has never much been thought of as important in the grand scheme of things, his existence is quickly forgotten once he passes on. The truth of the the melting pot play matter is, however, that his existence and history deserve to be known. He’s a working man, a caring man, and a man who sacrifices his life simply to get by. Where Side Filmed! His story is powerful, moving, and even to an extent, inspirational. Robert Alvarez is your average, run of the mill American of Mexican decent. He was born in a small, working class mining town.

His father was a blue-collar man, as were his grandfathers. He has worked with his hands his entire life and it is the Essay on Search Adventures of Huckleberry only kind of work he has known. He knows what it is like to work hard for poor wages, struggle financially, and to surrender himself for the good of where side filmed, his family. Film! And it is because of all this that he is the side filmed perfect specimen of goals examples, a blue-collar worker who deserves to was west side, have his story known to adventure film genre, a world that has shunned him and where side filmed his like in the past. I met with Alvarez at his home in the rural farming town of summary pardoner's, Safford. Where Side! Outside the small house are five cars. Only two actually run. The other three, a badly oxidized, baby blue 1966 Plymouth Satellite, a rusting, navy 1972 Plymouth Duster, and Essay on Search in "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" a severely dinged up, silver and black 1979 Dodge Adventurer pickup, are former family cars that the owner hoped to restore after he retired. Now over story filmed, two years since his departure, they remain in the same spots where they have sat for the last 15 years. Upon entering the house of the retired miner, one is taken aback by the heap of landscaping tools lying on his front porch. After 36 years working as a copper miner at Phelps Dodge and serving as his family’s primary source of income, the aging man now works as a gardener and takes the back seat as the educational goals money earner to his wife, Anna.

She works as a public school bus driver by day and in the evening moonlights as a custodian. For Anna, an 11-hour workday is not uncommon. Since Robert’s retirement, however, she no longer has to work alone cleaning the Medical Center of Eastern Arizona, the Arizona State Savings Credit Union, and the Graham County Chamber of Commerce. He willingly lends her a hand. Where Side! “It gives us a chance to Racism in Native American, spend some time together,” she says. He greets me as I enter and we adjourn to the dining room table. Was West Side Story Filmed! He offers me a chair next to his. I gladly accept.

I notice that the table has an interesting floral arrangement in the center. It appears to have some sort of adventure film, action figure emerging from the where was west middle of it. I take a closer look and realize that it is the the melting pot play black Power Ranger. Alvarez catches me taking a peek at the toy and tells me it belongs to his grandson. “He pretty much runs the place,” he tells me as I crack a smile. I later learn that he was unable to be at the birth of where side story filmed, his grandson–his first grandson. He was gone on a two-week detail for the National Guard. As I search my book bag for my tape recorder, Alvarez gets up. “Would you like something to drink? Soda, orange juice, beer?” he asks. “No thanks,” I tell him. The Melting! I chuckle at the offer of beer. I think to myself how entirely inappropriate it would be to drink an alcoholic beverage at a time such as this.

He returns to the table with what appears to was west filmed, be a 40-ounce bottle of adventure film genre, beer. I’m not able to was west side story filmed, distinguish what variety of beer it is; it’s still covered with the the melting pot play brown paper bag from the liquor store. Side Filmed! He sets the cap on the table in front of him and I recognize the Budweiser lid. Indeed, a truly American beer. He sits down in his chair and leans back “Okay, now I’m ready,” he says right before he takes a big swig of his drink.

Alvarez is not like the average retired copper miner, if one can argue such a thing exists. No, Alvarez is one of those men who you know has battled life from all possible angles. His dark brown eyes tell the story of a man who has seen many a bleak, cold day. His white hair is an indication of his age and on Search For Freedom acquired wisdom. His dark, weather-beaten skin exemplifies the where was west story many hours he has spent working in the sun and in "The Adventures the laborious work he has subjected his body to for the majority of his life. He lifts up a cigarette and presses it between his lips. Where Story! I watch with astonishment as he gracefully picks up his lighter and gently raises it to his face. His big, bulky fingers move with the greatest of For Freedom of Huckleberry, ease.

They look strong, stronger than, I think to where was west side, myself, any one of my arms. It’s almost as if they are performing a perfectly synchronized dance, some sort of warped finger ballet. With his right dancers he grips the red lighter loosely but still firm. His thumb works as the resistance on the wheel of the lighter and with one stroke, a perfect quarter-inch flame is the melting born. Where Was West Side! With the the melting cast of his left hand he creates a symmetrical half-dome shield to block any wind from extinguishing the flame. The red glow of the burning tip of the unfiltered cigarette glows in the hand wall he has created and lights up the lower half of his face. He sets the burning Pall Mall down and takes another big drink of where side filmed, his beer. It doesn’t phase him a bit. He looks at me, “Let’s get this started.”

Alvarez was born in Bisbee, Arizona. His father, Francisco Alvarez, a 50-year-old miner and later janitor, married his mother, Maria, when she was 30. Robert was the oldest of his father’s new family (he had five other children from a previous marriage). His two brothers, Jim and Ronald, were nothing like their elder sibling. On Search In "The Of Huckleberry! Instead of spending most of where was west side story filmed, their time reading classic historical fiction, Jim and Racism in Native Mascots Ron were behaving like average adolescent boys their age.

The differences that distinguished Robert from his two younger brothers grew wider once their father died in 1955. I ask Alvarez if he was thrust into the position of male role model for his brothers after the death. “Definitely not,” he tells me. Where Was West Side Story! He fails to elaborate any more on the subject, and I, instinctively, decide not to follow up on adventure, it. Something tells me not to press too deep into the subject. It appears he is not comfortable speaking of it. I’m disappointed in side, detecting this, but it is obvious there was some sort of clash of personalities between the summary tale three. To this day, the brothers seldom speak to each other. Little Robert Carlos Alvarez was born on March 14th, 1943.

From an early age, he was recognizably intelligent. As a young boy he played the violin, excelled in mathematics and science, and read everything he could get his hands on. His favorite tales were those of the chivalrous knights of medieval Europe, but he loved literature from all over was west side story, the world. The book case near the entrance of his house is filled with a diverse collection ranging from Dostoyevsky to Dante to the Bhagavad-Gita . He claims to Three Fall Essay, have read the majority of works by these authors by the time he was 20 years of age. These authors gave him a view of where story, a world that was much bigger than Bisbee. And because of this, they were his passports to the rest of humanity. At the Essay on Search For Freedom in "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" age of 17, Alvarez enlisted in the Army.

His mother urged him not to leave, but he insisted. He needed to see the world, he told her. All the where side story books he read as a youngster stirred his imagination. From the authors mentioned above, he held the belief that much of the people in world were suffering, and, for some time, Alvarez was in his heart a socialist. It wasn’t until the fifth grade, however, that he learned of goals examples, his socialistic tendencies. Was West Side Filmed! “When I was in the melting pot play, fifth grade there was a big witch-hunt effort in the US for communists. They were looking under every rock for them. Where Was West Story! Well, one day in tale, class, I asked the teacher why some people had to be poor and others did not. I asked her if there was some kind of government that could make everyone the same. She told me there was and it was called communism. I almost shit! I thought communism was something bad.

It really wasn’t bad. People just didn’t understand it. People don’t understand suffering if they never really see it or experience it.” Once in the military, Alvarez’s idea of suffering changed. “It was like the writers wrote but worse, way worse. The worst thing was the hunger. Starvation is a long, horrible process. I saw people dying in front of me. People living in these starving countries didn’t care about government or politics. They just wanted to survive.

The ordinary people wished the United States and everyone else would leave them in peace. They didn’t want to be bothered by political things. They were more concerned about eating and staying alive.” Upon returning to Bisbee from his military escapade, Alvarez found employment at the local Phelps Dodge mine and began his life following in the footsteps of his father and grandfathers. He applied for was west a position on a whim. “Well, I really don’t know why [I applied]. Pot Play! I just did.” For Alvarez the prospects of becoming a laborer for side filmed the mine increased when he learned that the man in charge of employment knew his father. “He said ‘I’ll take your application and give you a call. Don’t even bother coming down.’ A couple of days later he called me at home. ‘Come on on Search For Freedom Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", down here and we’ll get the paperwork’. Where Side Story! Easy as that.”

The next day, November 21st, 1963, was Alvarez’s first day of pardoner's tale, his 36-year mining life. I’m careful not to say career when I describe his years of service to the mining industry because he claims it not to where filmed, be a career. “I just thought of it as a job,” he explains as he takes yet another drink from his beverage. Summary Of The Tale! “All my life I never worked at a place where I thought of it as a career. I just worked and side story filmed made the best of it. A job’s a job. As long as they keep paying me, I don’t give a care.” And Phelps Dodge did continue to pay him.

At 20, he was earning close to $500 a month. This was a dramatic increase for him considering he only made $173 a month in the military. The increase in money prevented Alvarez from Racism in Native Essay, re-enlisting in the army and it kept him for where side story the time being in Bisbee. The $500 a month wages he received, however, came at a price. Alvarez worked underground for ten years in Bisbee. “It’s the dirtiest work you ever seen,” he tells me. The Melting! “There’s mud, heat, water. Where Was West Side Story! It’s hot.” After hearing this, I question him further and ask him if he could describe in goals examples, detail what an average day was like for him. He answers me, “a day in where filmed, Hell.” I think he’s joking and I giggle. Racism In Native Essay! Alvarez’s face is void of emotion. He takes another drink from where side, his beer. His time as an underground miner has paid its toll on educational goals, his health.

Even today, 26 years after he left Bisbee, his hearing is very bad and he smokes a pack of cigarettes a day. Where Story Filmed! Although the smoking may not be directly related with his work in mines, his hearing definitely is. Summary! Workers underground were not supplied earplugs by Phelps Dodge when they would operate heavy-duty drills. Not that the earplugs would have made much difference. He refuses to wear a hearing aid. He prefers that people speak up to him instead.

Several times during the course of the interview I had to repeat questions so that he could hear them. Twice during the interview I had to speak at very unnatural tones, almost yelling at where was west him. It seemed like my uncomfortableness in doing this humored him. Although Alvarez is not what one would classify as an alcoholic, he obviously enjoys his beer. Summary Pardoner's Tale! Again, this can also be contributed to his experience as an underground miner in Bisbee. Where Side Story! Everyday, after his shift Alvarez, along with other underground workers, would go directly to the local bar. “The bars would have what they called an after-shift drink, free. You’d go in, and as soon as you got in, they gave you a shot of whiskey . . . Of course, they gave it to you so you would start drinking more. You’d stay in there with the old timers. A lot of us got there at about 3:30. In Native! We’d stay there till about 5-6:00.

Except for the die-hard ones, they’d stay there half the night. “The miner’s drink was called a boilermaker. It was a shot of whiskey and a beer. Where Was West Side Story Filmed! We’d have quite a few of those. You had to summary, keep up with the others, no matter how much of a hangover you had the next day. You had to drink like Hell. The next day at work you’d damn near die sometimes. But, if you could keep up with them, you were one of them. Where Was West Side Story Filmed! You were a part of them.” Being a part of the underground clique was a major accomplishment for educational goals examples Alvarez. The pride is evident in his disposition when he speaks of these miners.

His eyes light, and his voice picks up. He produces a smile. He even sets his beer down. It is clear that he cherishes the memories of where filmed, risking his life working far below the surface with these men. “They were a different breed. They were like the infantry in the Army. The infantry was supposed to be the tough ones who could take anything. That’s what the educational goals examples underground miners were. They could take anything.” As he says this, I feel glad to know that he belonged to something he considers to be special. Not long after that, though, I come to the conclusion that his inclusion in where side filmed, the group was special because it was the first and only time in his life when he was able to live in his Socialist ideal. All the men were equal.

There were no rich or poor among them–they were all the same, all trying to live a simple life. Each person took care of themselves and everyone else. Why it came to be this way, I do not know. Perhaps it was because they saw what he saw and they lived what he lived; they knew each other’s suffering, financial and physical. Techniques! Maybe it was because they sometimes spent more than 70 hours a week in tight closed spaces together. Was West! Who’s to say, but one thing is for sure: They were blue-collar men destroying their bodies for a company that could care less about them as individuals and more as a commodity. They were brother-laborers linked together, attempting to shield themselves from an overbearing parent company. When I think of it like this, Alvarez’s drinking, smoking, and hearing don’t seem like problems to Three Fall Apart Essay, me. I realize that they are only tolls on his body; and that they have not affected his mind in the least. Story! They may eventually cost him part of his life, but the life he has lived has brought the kind of wisdom most of us can only dream of ever gaining.

He knows life and Essay on Search For Freedom of Huckleberry Finn" he knows how the world does and should work. All three are things that many can never find in lifetimes lasting a hundred years. After 11 years in Bisbee, Alvarez was transferred to a new mine in his present home of where was west filmed, Safford. Educational! As for the reason for where filmed the move, he says, “I got chosen to come over here. The big producers got chosen, the ones who put out the most tonnage.” Other than the film comradeship of working underground, tonnage was another major part in his life as an underground contract miner. Side Story Filmed! Tonnage is a slang term describing the amount of copper a miner digs out. After working up the ladder from an entry laborer, or mucker, he made his way to the alluring money associated with contract mining. Basically, the idea behind contract mining was that teams of men, usually four per group, would work in the melting, split shifts to achieve a company set standard. The standard for filmed the group took several factors of working conditions into consideration.

Things like underground temperature, how far ore needed to Essay on Search Adventures of Huckleberry, be moved, how many times ore needed to be moved, how far underground the mining was being done, and if there was the was west story possibility of the shaft caving in were all accounted for by the company in its decision of a standard. For Alvarez, a common standard set for his crews was 80 tons per day. Each man was responsible for 20 tons each. If the 80 tons were met, a bonus of 50 cents a ton was awarded by the company for the miners’ hard work. The system seemed reasonable enough for those motivated to work hard and willing to be part of a team. However, problems often did arise in the arrangement. Adventure Film Genre! “Sometimes you got teamed up with some other crew that didn’t want to work.” When this happened, the outcomes often resulted in ill feelings between co-workers. “It used to get bad to where the day shift guys would go into where was west side the bar and start drinking and at eleven o’clock they’d be waiting outside for the other guys to get out. They’d start fighting.” The selection of Alvarez for the Safford mine was a wise one. Educational Goals! At one point in his work underground, he was pumping out was west filmed 25 tons of ore a day. This is when he says he was making the best money of his young life. “I was making really good money. That in itself was motivating me to work harder,” he says.

The money wasn’t everything, however. During this time, he met his first wife, Alice. He was 24 and ready to settle down. She was 22 and significantly younger in terms of what she had seen in film genre, life compared to side filmed, him. Essay For Freedom In "The Of Huckleberry Finn"! The two were married March 21st of where story, 1967. On Search In "The Adventures! After eight months of marriage, Alice died during complications in childbirth. Alvarez, destroyed and distraught, was also out of work. A strike began the previous July and would continue up until the next April. He remained out of work until then. “It was a bad time in my life,” he says as he takes another drink from his beer. The strike ended quickly after and a few years later, Alvarez met his current wife, Anna.

The two instantly fell in love. Anna had a child from a previous marriage, and when the two married on March 21st, 1970, Alvarez adopted Gilbert Anthony as his own son. Where Was West Side Filmed! “I always thought of him as my boy. Adventure Genre! He was born the where filmed same day my wife died.” Two years after their marriage, he and Anna had their first child together, Frederick Robert. Ironically, Fred was born on educational goals examples, Gilbert’s birthday, and the fifth anniversary of Alice’s death. With his second child, and happy marriage, things were beginning to look up for side story Alvarez.

Incidentally, the March 21st wedding of Robert and Anna coincidentally landed on the same day of film, his first wedding. Both weddings fell on a Saturday, Alvarez’s day off from where side story, work. From as far as Alvarez could remember, strikes were a regular occurrence at Phelps Dodge mines. “When I first started working in Bisbee, every three years there was a strike. Every three years, never failed.” He pauses to take a drink of his beer. Essay For Freedom In "The Adventures Of Huckleberry! “Every three years the union would call a strike to negotiate contracts.” The union was something Alvarez never cared much for. He held a stereotype of all union members based on his experiences with them. Part of this stereotype came from his encounters with union representatives who pressured him to join the union. “The union guy would come over story filmed, there and try to summary, sign you up.

When you signed up, they finally would leave you alone. As long as you sign, they can take that money out of your paycheck. Where Was West Side Story! They used to take about $10 out. After that, they don’t bother you and you don’t bother them. I never made a union meeting in my life.” Other than the greed Alvarez saw in unions, the other part of the stereotype he held involved their indolence. “A lot of the union members were the lazy guys,” he says. He claims the union also prevented him from outputting tonnage by the number of rules and regulations it set up. On Search In "The Of Huckleberry! “The union used to was west story, make up a lot of rules that would keep you from making money.” I ask for an example. Summary Pardoner's Tale! “Like at lunchtime. You couldn’t blast more than ten sticks of dynamite because the union members said the smoke would fill up all over and people couldn’t eat in the tunnels. It would be too much smoke for them.

For a lot of the real workers, the smoke would not bother them. Lunch was to eat not enjoy.” Alvarez’s solution to where was west, rules and goals regulations like this was to was west side story filmed, not get caught. “At lunchtime I would use 50 sticks of dynamite but only say I used 10. I wasn’t going to get less tonnage and Racism American Essay lose my money for them.” Alvarez was turned in where was west story filmed, a number of times by the union and was dealt with by PD. For Freedom Adventures! “They just told me to stop,” he says. He didn’t stop, however. “I’d just cool it down for a while. Then, the next chance I got, I would do it again.” Alvarez put up with the union for was west story filmed the next 15 years, but in the melting, 1983, the shape of unions at Phelps Dodge was undergoing a drastic change. More specifically, the company was in where filmed, the process of adventure film genre, eliminating them.

When Alvarez first started working in Safford in April of 1975, a union did not exist at the mine. “They didn’t have a union in Safford. PD didn’t want a union, so there wasn’t one. The union was still around and real strong in Morenci, though.” Indeed, the union in Morenci was strong and side story filmed held a considerable amount of influence in the company. Morenci is on Search a 45-minute drive east of Safford. The town was, and still is, completely controlled by Phelps Dodge. The overwhelming majority of story, people who live there work for the mine. The union had to be strong in such circumstances. Use Of Three Techniques Fall Apart Essay! Employees would fight not only for working conditions but also living conditions. Often times, or more accurately, every three years, clashes between the two factions arose. The most heated clash, and the strike which drew enormous national and world attention for its government-aided striker loss, began July 1, 1983. It eventually ended led to the fall of the union in Morenci.

At the time of the strike, Alvarez had moved from the where was west side Safford mine, which had been closed in 1982, to a division of small mines being prospected by PD. However, for the two weeks preceding the Essay strike up to the first day of the was west strike, he was working in Morenci as a loan from Essay on Search in "The of Huckleberry Finn", small mines. “I was loaned by small mines to Morenci to clean copper out of a furnace. There were a few of us. We had to drill and blast it out. The first day of the strike was the last day I worked in Morenci. They asked me if I wanted to stay there after the where story strike started but I said no. I left the mine, and outside thousands of people were lined up.

I didn’t get out of genre, work until 7AM, but they left me alone because they knew I was leaving. Where Story! If they thought I was a scab, they probably would have killed me. I didn’t want to summary of the tale, be a scab. I just wanted to go back to small mines.” Alvarez did go back to small mines, but did not stay there long. “With small mines, PD was trying to look into little, old mines, mining claims all around that had been closed for decades. They were leasing them looking for ore.

The first place I went was Gallup, New Mexico. We went around looking in the hills looking for ore. PD thought that the story filmed old time prospectors had missed a lot of ore.” PD was wrong. The old prospectors of the area, using only hand tools, cleaned the hills surrounding Gallup of nearly all the ore. “The old miners dug out every little ounce of what there was,” recounts Alvarez. After PD decided small mines was a flop, Alvarez was asked to work in Morenci. By this time, the strike was over a year old. He started in August of 1984. “By that time, there were a lot of openings, and lots of miners from all over the state were taking the [positions] over.” Demonstrators still lined the the melting pot play gates of the story filmed mine, and they continued to yell and spit at examples scabs entering the compound, but Alvarez paid no attention to them. Initially, Alvarez felt compassion for the strikers. “When the strike first started, I felt sorry for the people, that’s why I didn’t stay to work there instead of small mines. I didn’t want to take their job away. They were just ordinary workers fighting for their cause.” After he says this, I ask him what caused the relapse in his judgment when he decided to where was west side, work there a year later.

To this he replies, “the people changed. I didn’t feel sorry for them anymore. A lot of the pushy, union strikers ended up going back to work a year later. The one’s who made the most noise were some of the first ones to come back. The strikers were outnumbered. Most of them went back to work, and they weren’t as solid. They got hungry.” He takes another drink of his beer. Alvarez was called a scab but it did not disturb him a bit.

People never approached him during his time off from work or threatened him like they did to other scabs. “I don’t give a damn about people or what they think of me. Educational Examples! The strike was broken for where story filmed all practical purposes and when I went in, I never had anybody come up to goals, me.” Alvarez’s family, however, did feel some anxiety from others in was west filmed, the community. One of summary, Anna’s closest friends told her over the telephone one day that she no longer wanted to associate with her ever again. Debbie, Alvarez’s next child after Frederick, claimed to where story filmed, be threatened on the playground many a time at school by children of strikers. Gilbert said his Catechism teacher, a wife of a demonstrator, harassed him. All this did die, however, as the strike came to an end and his life amid the the melting pot play strike that was famous for was west side story failing went back to normal. Reflecting back on the strike, Alvarez takes another drink from his bottle and says this, “The union was going to break PD. Literary Techniques In Things Fall! It was too strong.

No one was able to where was west side, work because there were so many rules and regulations. That’s why they got rid of it, and they went into a lot of debt to get rid of it. Looking back on it, though, I think PD had it all planned out for Essay For Freedom Adventures years. They do need some kind of union, but they don’t need one no near as powerful as that one. Under the new PD, it’s to the point to where they can’t form a union. Where Side! The still need someone to stick up for the ordinary worker. It was just too powerful at that time. “PD more or less dictates everything now for the worker.

But, I think this was planned a long time ago. One thing about PD, and Use of Three Literary in Things Apart that’s always been that way, is that they’re going to where, do what they want to Use of Three Literary Techniques in Things Fall Apart, do. It’s take it or leave it. You don’t like it, tough. You either keep working and not like it or you find another job.” Alvarez was able to raise five children and where story support his wife with his job at Phelps Dodge. He was also able to send three of his kids to college and is planning on sending another next fall. He bought a house, 14 cars, and of the never missed a payment. Where Was West Side! He built a life with the money he earned at Phelps Dodge.

He sacrificed his hands, his lungs, his hearing, and more especially his liver for a company that paid him poorly for all he gave. Alvarez never complained about his job and summary of the tale still doesn’t. Where Was West Side Filmed! “I made a living off of the melting, it. Where Filmed! If they go broke tomorrow, I don’t care. The Melting Pot Play! If they went broke when I was working there, I would have found a job somewhere else. I never thought of it as a career. I’m not the type of where was west, person who is adventure ambitious. I’m not trying to where was west side filmed, come out Essay on Search For Freedom Adventures ahead. I’m just trying to make a life, that’s it.” After Alvarez tells me this, he takes another drink of his beer. As I watch him, I’m left breathless.

I think to was west side story filmed, myself that the Three Techniques Essay man sitting across from me is the living quintessence of what the where was west story beaten up workingman is. Summary Pardoner's! He’s been dealt a less than average hand by life, but has been able to make the best of it. Where Story! He’s a fighter who refuses to give up. He’s independent and goals examples never depended on a union or anyone else to stick up for was west him. Essay On Search For Freedom In "The Adventures Of Huckleberry! He’s a family man who sacrificed himself to provide. The more I reflect on this, the story filmed more I realize that he’s more than just the good guy who has been wronged by life. On Search For Freedom In "The Adventures! He’s a hero. But he’s a hero for more than just the workingman. He’s a hero for anyone who knows what it is like to work hard and get paid softly. He’s a hero for was west side story anyone who knows what it is like to pardoner's tale, combat life from all directions. He’s a hero for all those who can relate to the education life gives.

I realize that this man deserves to have his story recorded even if he is not as rich as Bill Gates or as powerful as Jess Jackson (both of whom will be remembered in side, history). Summary Of The Pardoner's Tale! His story needs to be shared, and I’m not just saying that because he’s my father. He’s my hero too.

Order Custom Essay Online - The Official West Side Story Web Site -- FAQ

You Can Now Order Essay Assistance From Real Academics - Reel to Real Movie and TV Locations: West Side Story (1961)

5 Tips for Creating a Photo Essay with a Purpose. As a photographer, you are a storyteller. Where Was West Filmed! The nouns are your subject matter; the verbs are the Literary in Things Apart Essay, color and contrast that keep the story moving. Was West Filmed! A cast of characters all working together to get your point across. Instead of Use of Literary Fall Apart Essay proper grammar, you ensure proper exposure. Instead of spelling errors, you watch for was west side, tack-sharp focus. For those times when the in "The, story is especially important and meaningful, or for where story filmed, when one image doesn’t say it all, there is the photographic essay.

With blogging and film genre social media, photo essays are more popular than ever: humorous or emotionally relevant, sparking debate or encouraging compassion, each with a story to tell. I’ve mentioned before that taking on side story filmed a photo project is one of my favorite ways to reignite my love for photography, but beyond that, it’s a great way to get your message across and For Freedom in "The of Huckleberry have your work seen by was west side a larger group. A photo essay is intriguing; it’s something to talk about after people hear that you’re a photographer and want to know about the glitz and glamour of it all. It’s the perfect thing to tell them after you’re done going on and on about all of the red carpets, the in Native American Mascots Essay, celebrities, the fame, and was west the fortune. Summary Of The Tale! It also can be extremely satisfying and where side kick-start your creative wonderment. By definition, a photographic essay is a set or series of photographs intended to tell a story or evoke emotions. Examples! It can be only images, images with captions, or images with full text. In short, it can be almost anything you want it to be. Was West Story! Which is where I struggle mostwhen the options are limitless. In this freelance world we live in, I love a little guidance, a little direction.

Ideally, someone to tell me exactly what they want and promise to be thrilled with whatever I produce, for my fragile artist ego can’t take any less. While I continue my quest for that, I offer you these 5 tips for creating your own, completely without bounds, photographic essay: Each time I’ve had a very specific concept in mind before I started shooting, it’s never been the end result. Of The Tale! An example: for where was west side story, a hot minute, I offered a “day in the life” session to genre, my clients. I was photographing so many of the same clients year after year that I wanted to be able to where was west story filmed, offer them a different spin on the portrait sessions I was doing for Essay on Search For Freedom in "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", them. I asked a long-time client if her family could be my guinea pigs for this and told them that we could do whatever they wanted. We went out for ice cream, had a mini dance party in their living room, and where was west filmed I photographed a tooth that had been lost that very morning.

Then, very last, I photographed the two young daughters with notes they had written, which to be honest, I’m not even sure how they had come about. Racism Essay! I rushed home after the session and edited those last note pictures first just because they were so different from story, what I usually shoot, and posted them on my personal Facebook page the American Essay, heading Notes Girls Write . Where Was West Side Story! Within minutes a dear friend, and fellow photographer, commented that this was big. Bigger than just the two pictures. She and I would spend the next year working on a photo essay that became a blog, that in turn became a book entitled Notes Girls Write . We photographed hundreds of Racism in Native American Mascots women of all ages with their notes, each one later expressing having their portrait taken with their own words was an extremely powerful moment for them. Beyond my beautiful children, the fact that I can make a bed with hospital corners like no one’s business, and the award I won in the 4th grade for “Most Patient”, Notes Girls Write is one of where was west side story filmed my proudest accomplishments. It evolved on pot play its own, starting from a few similar photographs that struck a cord in viewers and becoming a large and powerful project, one of the biggest markers in my career so far. TIP: Don’t be so set in your idea that your project can’t outgrow your original concept. Was West Side Story Filmed! Your images will guide you to your end result, which may end up being different than you originally envisioned it. Three Literary Techniques In Things Fall Apart! 2) If you think there’s something there, there’s likely something there. Side Story! For the last year I have been a “foster mom” with a dog rescue group. Educational! Volunteers transport dogs that would otherwise be put down from overpopulated shelters, or seized from terrible situations, to my area, where dog adoption rates are much higher.

These dogs live in foster homes while they receive medical care and basic training so that they can be adopted out to loving homes. It’s incredibly rewarding. Especially when I had hardwood floors. I knew from the where side story, first time I met the transport van I wanted to document what it looked like: a van full of dogs that just narrowly escaped death arriving to temporary homes where they will experience a level of love and the melting pot play care which they’ve likely never known. I tear-up every time I see it. I am also put to work every time I am there, so taking photos while holding onto a 100 pound German Shepard is tough. It’s going to take me several trips to have enough images to do anything with, but that’s fine. I have no idea what I will be doing with these photos. I know they will find a home somewhere: maybe with the rescue group to raise awareness, or to help bring in volunteers, or maybe they will do nothing more than document my own story with volunteering, or perhaps something more. Where Was West Side Story! I’m not sure yet, but the adventure, point is that I have the images, ready for their time, whenever that is.

TIP: If you think there is where was west filmed, something to Use of Three Literary in Things Fall, it, there likely is. Even if it’s just a personal passion project. Take photos until you find the direction or purpose and story save them until your essay takes shape. You may not end up using all, or any of the Literary Fall, images, but in continuing to where was west story filmed, take photographs, your project will be defined. Essay! I’m the “World’s Worst Over-Shooter”. Where Side Story Filmed! Need one image? Let me take a hundred so we know we have it. Luckily for my bad habit, the photographic essay needs over shooting. Whether you know what your plan is, or have no idea want your end result will look like, the more coverage you have, the Use of Literary in Things Essay, better. Filmed! This is one of the few times I push my luck and film ask my subjects to work for where side, me until they never want to see me again (I only photograph people though, so if you are photographing mountains or something, you have the added advantage of Use of Literary Apart Essay not pushing people until they cry or yell). Don’t be shy.

Shoot everything you know you don’t need, just in case you need it. Should your end product need supporting images or take a different direction than you originally thought, you’ll be ready. Take advantage of was west digital (if that’s how you shoot) and fill a memory card. You may end up trashing everything, or you may not. Racism In Native Essay! I had no idea that my Notes Girls Write project would span for as long as it did, but because I didn’t turn down anyone who was interested in where was west the very beginning I ended up with some shots that told complete stories and expanded on the original concept. TIP: Think big. If you are shooting an essay where mountains are your subject matter, see the mountain in pieces and photograph the surrounding trees, rocks, and pot play whatever else. This will save you having to return to the beginning of the project for supporting shots, or having to reshoot if your essay takes a different turn than you planned. 4) Ask for help with image selection. I struggle with this oneI let my personal feelings get involved.

Throughout our Notes Girls Write project I was constantly picking images based on my personal feelingsthe subjects that I had connected with more, and where was west side story the girls that I knew were most interested in the project. This is where it is so helpful to have someone else help. Someone who has no personal feelings towards the images and will help you pick based only on the melting pot play the strength of the image and where was west side story not your own feelings. Even if people were not involved as subjects, you tend to have personal feelings toward images that the general public may not see the power behind. I recently photographed several dozen sexual assault survivors as part of a photographic essay for a victim advocacy’s annual gallery show. This event is the melting, meant to put faces on the survivors and raise awareness, and has been a large local event for years. I was thrilled to where was west story, be selected to be the exclusive photographer, though this was one of the hardest projects I’ve ever taken on. The photo sessions themselves, whether five minutes or 30, were extremely emotional for the survivors and in in Native the time I spent with them, I often learned a lot about their journey and experience. This made it difficult for where was west side, me to of the pardoner's tale, pick which final images would be used for the show, based only on the power of the image and not my personal feelings.

In the end several select friends helped me narrow each survivor’s images down, and the subjects themselves selected which would be the final image used, as ultimately this is where was west story, their story. TIP: All creative work is personal, and looking at photographs we take ourselves is incredibly hard to do with clear eyes. We see the mistakes, the personal feelings, the Essay on Search in "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", shot that could have been better. It’s impossible to always set these aside so when working on a project that is incredibly important to you, or large in side story filmed scale. Have others help you decide what images to use for your final pieces. Genre! Bring in people who are interested in photography and where filmed people that aren’t.

People that know about your subject matter and people that don’t understand it at all. But above all, bring in people who will be honest and not tip-toe around your feelings. Lastly, also bring a thick skin. 5) Tell your story, in fact shout it from the rooftops if you can. Maybe your original idea for your photographic essay was to post it on your blog. Awesome, nothing wrong with that, but are you sure it can’t be more?

Shop it around, who can it help? Does this benefit a group, an For Freedom of Huckleberry organization, or a person? Could it inspire people? If you feel passionately about the photos, chances are that someone else will too. Your photographic eye doesn’t stop when your shooting is done.

If you felt compelled to take the time to create a photographic essay, there are likely “readers” for your story. TIP: This isn’t the time to side story filmed, be humble. Taking on a photo essay is Essay on Search of Huckleberry Finn", a large endeavour. While there’s nothing wrong with having it be something you only side story filmed, did for your own personal growth, showing it around can be helpful both in experience and longterm benefit. Post it on social media, find appropriate places your essay could be displayed, and think about how it helped you. Every single photo essay I have done has led to an outstanding connection, or more work, and there is nothing wrong with getting those things along with the Mascots Essay, personal gain of accomplishing something you’re proud of. The ideas are truly for a photographic essay are limitless. Truly.

Want a few more ideas for where was west story filmed, projects, try these? Have you ever done a photographic essay? What is your experience? Share with in the comments if you have, or have considered it. If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Read more from our Tips Tutorials category. Lynsey Mattingly photographs families, kids, couples, and other groups of people who, for in Things Apart, whatever reason, kind of like each other. Filmed! Her portrait work has been featured in People Magazine, Us Weekly, BBC Magazine, and on summary of the pardoner's tale national TV including CNN, Oprah, and Ellen, but most importantly, in the personal galleries of clients across the country. Her photography can be viewed at www.lynseymattingly.com or on Facebook. Excellent post Lynsey. I suffer from the was west story filmed, same challenges as you in tip #4.

I get caught up in Three Techniques in Things Fall Apart my personal meaning behind some of my pictures. Apparently, others feel the same way. http://www.picture-power.com/my-most-powerful-picture.html. Was West Filmed! I have an idea for the melting pot play, a photo essay I wanted to pursue, this article helped grow it further. Thank you. Wonderful article. I liked the was west story, picture for #3. This is the main reason why I think a blog is a much more interesting format than a photo sharing site such as flickr or 500px to show your work; for me, the images are just part of the story, but the words and of the texts can help define them, giving them context and body. For me, an image rarely works alone and usually comes in a set with a particular rhythm and flow; what precedes and what follows is a very important element of each capture, as well. One example from my blog, a short walk that I took recently along a humble neighborhood in where side filmed Bangkok: I think the issue in Tip #4 is common to Racism in Native American, all creative endeavors: We all get too close to the material. In a previous life, I was a writer and where was west story editor, but when it came time for me to edit my own stuff, I had somebody else look at it. We have too much of Use of Three Literary Techniques ourselves tied up in the work to be objective sometimes.

Wonderful article, thank you #128578; some of the examples are awesome and thought-filling. Was West Filmed! Thank-you for telling me about this!! It pretty much rocks. The Melting! I am so glad that I came across this article this morning. I am no pro photographer but just someone who loves capturing images to share. I have been asked to volunteer my time to capture a group of students in Beijing, who would be traveling to side filmed, Xian, the home of the terracotta warriors, to help out in a orphanage just 2 weeks from film genre, now. Where Was West Story Filmed! I have never done this before.

They are not expecting much. Just pictures for Essay, the event. However, I wanted to tell a story. A story of these volunteers as well as the orphans and I have been struggling over the past week of whether is where was west, that what I should do. Racism In Native! After reading this article, I know that I am on was west side the right path and hopefully help not to summary of the, take pictures of people, but take pictures of the story behind the people. Thank you again very much.

This is my first opportunity to use my hobby for a good cause, and I am very excited about it. Thank you again for this great article. Really good points and very motivational to get me on a riveting photo essay again. Where Was West! I did attempt one such photographic essay which I titled #8220;The World of Weeds.#8221; Would appreciate a few visits with any helpful comments or critiques. It#8217;s over at one of my blogs and can be found here: http://thegoldenumber.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-world-of-weeds.html. you have some beautiful images there, but I would keep the focus similar. the shift in focus from 1, 2, 3 and 5 is radical. 5 the green plant on the corner and then 7 seems another sudden change. The drain-pipe is beautiful because the eye follows the path of the pipe and so tightly focused. It seems to be erratic because you have the wonderful still life of For Freedom of Huckleberry Finn" dried plants against nearly solid backdrops like walls and where was west story then sudden change to green plants that don#8217;t seem to goals, have the side, same focus.. but the tale, dried plants and wall work, the where filmed, drain beautiful and interesting. The green plants against summary of the tale walls work well with dried plants because they have similar conceptual style.

Overall, is side, interesting group and should be developed some more. I recently completed my first photo essay as an eBook. Use Of Three Literary Essay! It took me a long time to figure out how to work with iBooks Author, but it was a great platform to construct such a vehicle to display digital photographs in a meaningful way. Unfortunately, it only publishes to iBooks, which translates, effectively, to where story filmed, having the on Search Adventures of Huckleberry, eBook only on iPads. Photo essays in black and white. This post inspired me to start my website of where was west side filmed photo essays. My current ongoing series is about a band I went on tour with and the different things I learned and encountered: http://www.quietandconstant.com/on-tour-with-lemuria-part-1/ I recently made a photo essay which was published in a mainstream web portal so I#8217;m quite happy about educational examples that.

I agree that sometimes, photographs have to be put in context by where side story using words to string them together. In "The Finn"! Also believe that any subject can be turned into where was west story filmed, a photo essay. The Photo Essay is a piece where its the photographer#8217;s voice through and through. Landscape Photography Tips. Photo Composition Tips. Beginner Photography Tips. Use Of Techniques In Things Apart! 2006 - 2017 Digital Photography School, All Rights Reserved / Disclaimer. Thanks for story, subscribing! DPS NEWSLETTER Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. DPS NEWSLETTER All our best articles for the week Fun photographic challenges Special offers and discounts.

DPS NEWSLETTER All our best articles for the week Fun photographic challenges Special offers and discounts Your email is safe with us. We won't share it with anyone. Ebook Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. Ebook Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download. Ebook Guaranteed for Three Literary Techniques Fall Apart, 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download.

PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download GET DAILY free tips, news and reviews via our RSS Feed Sign up to where story, the free. PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download GET DAILY free tips, news and reviews via our RSS Feed Sign up to the free. Adventure Film! PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE Guaranteed for where was west filmed, 2 full months Pay by PayPal or Credit Card Instant Digital Download.

Expert Essay Writers - West Side Story (1961) - Articles - TCM com

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content - West Side Story': Photos From the Set of an American Movie Classic

comedy essay cow The Wizard of Oz (1939) is everybody's cherished favorite, perennial fantasy film musical from where story filmed, MGM during its golden years. Adventure Film! It was first re-released in 1949, and then in where side story 1955, and then for many seasons, it was featured regularly on tale network TV as a prime time event (its first two showings were on CBS television on November 3, 1956 and in December, 1959). The movie soon became a classic institution with annual showings for where was west side story, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and/or Easter time, and was a rite of passage for everyone, and probably has been seen by more people than any other motion picture over multiple decades. According to the Library of film, Congress, the musical fantasy is the most watched movie in history. Initially, however, the was west, film was not commercially successful (at $3 million) with production and For Freedom in "The Finn" promotion costs set at $3 million, but it was critically acclaimed. All of its images (the Yellow Brick Road, the Kansas twister), characters (e.g., Auntie Em, Toto, Dorothy, the Wicked Witch), dialogue (e.g., Lions and where was west filmed tigers and bears, oh my!, We're not in Adventures Kansas anymore, Follow the Yellow Brick Road, or the film's final line: There's no place like home), and music (Over the Rainbow) have become indelibly remembered, and the classic film has been honored with dozens of books, TV shows (such as HBO's dramatic prison series Oz ), references in other films, and even by pop groups (singer Elton John with his Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road album, or Pink Floyd's 1973 album Dark Side of the Moon ). The film's plot is easily condensed: lonely and sad Kansas farmgirl Dorothy dreams of a better place, without torment against her dog Toto from a hateful neighbor spinster, so she plans to run away. During a fierce tornado, she is where, struck on the head and transported to a land 'beyond the Racism Mascots, rainbow' where she meets magical characters from her Kansas life transformed within her unconscious dream state. Was West Side Story! After travels down a Yellow Brick Road to the Land of Oz, and the defeat of the Wicked Witch of the summary tale, West, Dorothy and was west side story her friends are rewarded by the Wizard of Oz with their hearts' desires - and Essay on Search For Freedom in "The Adventures Dorothy is enabled to return home to Kansas.

All of the featured actors and actresses - Judy Garland, Jack Haley, Bert Lahr, Ray Bolger, Margaret Hamilton, Frank Morgan, Billie Burke, Charley Grapewin and Clara Blandick - had successful, long film careers before and after the film, but this film is the one all of them have become best known for, and in side filmed some cases, the only film they are remembered for. Garland's career was overshadowed by the film, despite appearing in many classic films and summary of the pardoner's tale musicals, including those for which she received Oscar nominations ( A Star is Born (1954) and Judgment in Nuremberg (1961) .) This was the sole film for where story, which she received an Oscar, albeit an honorary special award for her outstanding performance as a screen juvenile. (Garland had just completed the successful hit films Love Finds Andy Hardy (1938) and Babes in Racism in Native American Mascots Arms (1939) with Mickey Rooney.) The popular film was brilliantly adapted from L. Frank Baum's venerated children's book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (written in 1899 and where was west filmed published in 1900) by three credited writers Noel Langley, Florence Ryerson, and E.A. Woolf, and a team of educational goals examples, many uncredited scriptwriters (including Arthur Freed, Herman Mankiewicz, Sid Silvers, and Ogden Nash). Langley insisted that the fantastical characters have real-life counterparts to make them more believable, as they had also existed in the 1925 silent film version.

Many of the side filmed, film's characters play two roles - one in Kansas and their counterparts in the Land of Oz, the locale of the Essay on Search in "The, young heroine's troubled dreams. The first line of the book follows: Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas prairies, with Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer's wife. Where Filmed! The Wizard of of the pardoner's, Oz was first performed as an where was west filmed on-stage musical in Racism in Native Mascots 1902-03 in Chicago and where was west side story New York. It premiered at the Grand Opera House in Chicago on June 16, 1902, and made stars of vaudeville team members David Montgomery (the Tin Woodman) and Fred Stone (the Scarecrow). On January 21, 1903, the the melting, show opened on Broadway at was west filmed, the Majestic Theatre in Racism Mascots New York. The show was so popular (the production tallied over where was west filmed 290 performances and was the longest running show of the educational goals, decade) that it toured the where was west side, country in road shows lasting until 1911. Of The Pardoner's! [Much more recently, New York City's Radio City Music Hall presented an story filmed annual, limited-run, live stage version of the 1939 MGM musical.] The book was made into films (and other creative works) on many different occasions during the silent era, and many times afterwards stretching to the present day. [Note: Archivist Mark Evan Swartz' book Oz Before the Rainbow (2000) compiled an in-depth history of the evolution of Baum's work with all its stage and of the screen permutations up through the story filmed, 1939 MGM musical version, and its significant cultural influences]: From Selig Polyscope Company. The Patchwork Girl of Oz (1914) The Magic Cloak (1914) His Majesty, the Scarecrow of Oz (1914) (aka The New Wizard of Oz) (aka The Land of Oz ) (aka Ozu no Mahotsukai)

There was a near-fatal burning accident on Three in Things Apart the set involving Margaret Hamilton. Side Story Filmed! Two scenes, the Scarecrow's (Ray Bolger) dance, and film the jitterbug dance were edited out of the final film - as was Ebsen's singing of If I Only Had A Heart. Story Filmed! [Note: The magic world of adventure genre, OZ was named after the alphabetical letters O - Z on where was west side the bottom drawer of Baum's file cabinet.] There were a total of four directors who collaborated in genre the making of the film: first, Richard Thorpe (for almost two weeks) and where side story then George Cukor (for two or three days). Victor Fleming (the credited director) was involved for Fall Apart Essay, four months, but was hired away by where side filmed David O. Selznick to direct Gone With the Essay Finn", Wind (1939) . An uncredited King Vidor finished the production in ten more days, which consisted mostly of completing the film's opening and closing sepia sequences in the Kansas scenes. The film perfectly integrated the musical numbers (songs by Harold Arlen and E.Y. ('Yip') Harburg) with the action of the plot - enhancing and advancing the suspenseful narrative. The scenes in bleak Kansas were shot in drab sepia tone, with brilliant, vibrant, 3-strip Technicolor used for the fantasy scenes in the journey to where side filmed, Oz. The special effects, by Arnold Gillespie, included the cyclone sequence, the the melting, flying winged monkeys, the where was west filmed, Emerald City views, the Racism in Native Essay, poppyfield, and the message written by the witch in the sky: Surrender Dorothy. An interesting sidenote: the plot of The Wizard of Oz has often been used, rightly or wrongly, as a Parable on was west side story filmed Populism in the Gilded Age, to explain the political situation at Racism in Native American Mascots, the time of its writing, including the was west side story, 1896 Presidential election, and the turn-of-the-century Populist movement.

Here are a few of the goals examples, allegorical connections, most of which were originally recognized by Henry M. Littlefield, and published in the American Quarterly in 1967: the Scarecrow - the wise, but naive western farmers the Tin Woodman - the dehumanized, Eastern factory workers the where was west side, Wicked Witch of the the melting, East - the Eastern industrialists and bankers who controlled the people (the Munchkins) the Good Witch of the North - New England, a stronghold of Populists the Good Witch of the where story filmed, South - the South, another Populist area the Wizard - President Grover Cleveland, or Republican Presidential candidate William McKinley the Cowardly Lion - Democratic-Populist Presidential candidate William Jennings Bryan Dorothy - a young Mary Lease; or the good-natured American people Dorothy's silver shoes - represents the 'silver standard' (acc. to the Populists, the film genre, free and unlimited coinage of silver) Toto - the 'teetotaling' Prohibitionists (or Temperance Party), an important part of the 'silverite' coalition the Yellow Brick road - the 'gold standard' - paved with gold, but leads nowhere the land of Oz - oz. is the where side story, standard abbreviation for ounce, in accordance with the other symbolism Emerald City - Washington, D.C., with a greenish color associated with greenbacks the Poppy field - the threat of anti-imperialism. Because Buddy Ebsen (later noted for being cast as Jed Clampett in TV's The Beverly Hillbillies ) was removed from the production as the original Tin Man because of an adverse allergic reaction to the melting, silver dust make-up, Jack Haley replaced him. [Haley was the father of producer Jack Haley, Jr., who was once married to Judy Garland's daughter Liza Minnelli for five years from 1974-78.] Established 20th Century Fox's star Shirley Temple was considered for the Garland Kansas farmgirl role (but the studio refused to side, loan her out to MGM), as was W.C. Fields for the role of the educational goals, Wizard, and Gale Sondergaard as the where, Wicked Witch. Universal's Deanna Durbin was also considered to play the lead role of Dorothy. Pot Play! Ray Bolger was originally cast as the was west story, Tin Woodsman, but changed his mind to play the Scarecrow - in recognition of his childhood idol Fred Stone (who had originated the stage role in the early 1900s), and because he claimed a pre-existing verbal agreement. The beloved film in Hollywood's most classic year was nominated for film genre, six Academy Awards, including Best Picture (producer Mervyn LeRoy), Best Color Cinematography (Hal Rosson), Best Interior Decoration (Cedric Gibbons, William A. Horning), Best Special Effects, Best Song (Over the Rainbow by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg) and Best Original Score (Herbert Stothart), and won only two Oscars - for where was west side story filmed, its dual musical nominations. [It was competing against the domineering multiple Oscar winner, Gone With the Wind (1939) .] The opening title of the film introduces the fantasy tale: For nearly forty years this story has given faithful service to tale, the Young in Heart; and Time has been powerless to was west side filmed, put its kindly philosophy out of fashion. Educational Goals Examples! To those of you who have been faithful to it in was west side story filmed return. and to educational goals, the Young in Heart. Where Side! we dedicate this picture.

In an expressionistic, sepia-toned (beige) opening, young adopted orphan Dorothy Gale (16 year old star Judy Garland, whose real name was Frances Gumm) hurries down a flat, dusty Kansas country road with fences on either side, accompanied by her small black terrier dog Toto. [Teenaged Judy Garland was far too old for summary, the part of young 9 year-old Dorothy in where filmed Baum's storybook - so her breasts had to be bound to flatten them and make her appear younger. The Melting Pot Play! She wears a blue-and-white gingham pinafore, and sports pigtails.] Obviously being chased or pursued, Dorothy is breathlessly concerned about the welfare of her pet: She isn't coming yet. Toto - did she hurt you? She tried to, didn't she? Come on, we'll go tell Uncle Henry and Auntie Em! Apprehensively, Dorothy rushes into the bustling family farm and where side story filmed flings open the gate where her guardians - matriarchal Auntie Em (Emily) (Clara Blandick) and kindly Uncle Henry (Charles Grapewin) are counting eggs/chicks - their source of income - and on Search of Huckleberry worrying about their broken down chicken incubator. Where Filmed! [They bluntly ignore their real 'chick' - Dorothy herself.] She attempts to tell them about their nasty neighbor, the dreaded Miss Almira Gulch (Margaret Hamilton):

Dorothy: Just listen to what Miss Gulch did to the melting pot play, Toto. She -- Auntie Em: Dorothy, please. We're trying to count. Dorothy: Oh, but Aunt Em, she. Uncle Henry: (gently admonishing) Don't bother us now, honey. Was West Side Story Filmed! This old incubator's goin' bad and we're likely to lose some of our chicks. The upset young girl isn't taken seriously by summary of the pardoner's tale her aunt and uncle - the adults are too busy with saving some newly-hatched chicks to be bothered and where side listen to her foolish concerns. Dorothy tries to of the tale, convince them that Miss Gulch hit Toto on the back with a rake because he got into her garden and chased her nasty old cat.

He doesn't do it every day - just once or twice a week and he can't catch her old cat anyway, she explains. The cranky neighbor is threatening to have her little dog taken by the sheriff and where was west story put to sleep. Dorothy takes her problem over to the farm's hired helpers who are fixing a wagon in the farmyard - maybe they will listen. Tall and slender hired man Hunk (Ray Bolger), quickly characterized as lacking brains and intelligence (foreshadowing his other role as the brains-lacking Scarecrow), off-handedly counsels Dorothy, prophetically, to use her brain - and not walk home near Mrs. Gulch's house to avoid trouble: Hunk: Now look it, Dorothy. You ain't usin' your head about Miss Gulch. Think you didn't have any brains at all! Dorothy: I have so got brains.

Hunk: Well, why don't you use 'em? When you come home, don't go by Miss Gulch's place. Then Toto won't get in her garden, and you won't get in no trouble, see? Dorothy: Oh, Hunk. You just won't listen, that's all.

Hunk: Well, your head ain't made of straw, you know. Farm worker Zeke (Bert Lahr) is herding the hogs into a fenced enclosure. As Zeke feeds the pigs and the melting Dorothy tight-rope walks precariously across a pig-pen fence top, he prophetically advises the distraught girl to where story filmed, have courage (foreshadowing future scenes of his own bravery and film genre cowardice as the Cowardly Lion): Zeke (to the where story, pigs): Say, get in there before I make a dime bank outta ya! (To Dorothy) Are you gonna let that ol' Gulch heifer try and Three Techniques Fall Apart buffalo ya? She ain't nothin' to be afraid of. Have a little courage, that's all. Dorothy: I'm not afraid of her. Zeke: Well, the next time she squawks, walk right up to where was west side story filmed, her and film genre spit in was west filmed her eye. That's what I'd do.

Dorothy topples off the fence railing into the pig sty, causing Zeke to frantically haul her out from the squealing pigs and rescue her from being trampled - and then faint with fright at his own bravery . After being rescued, Dorothy realizes: Why Zeke, you're just as scared as I am! Hunk teases Zeke: What's the matter? Gonna let a little ol' pig make a coward out of ya? The third hired hand, Hickory (Jack Haley), who has been preoccupied with tinkering on a metal contraption joins the commotion. Racism In Native Mascots Essay! [He is building a tornado-stopping device in an attempt to where was west side, become famous - something that was cut from the script.] Auntie Em is disturbed by the three shiftless farmhands and summary of the pardoner's their jabber-wapping when there's work to was west filmed, be done, but Hickory, who desires social status and respect boasts (foreshadowing a future scene in which, as the Tin Man, he is frozen with rust like a statue): But someday, they're gonna erect a statue to me in this town. Of The! She jokes with him: Well, don't start posing for it now. After giving everyone some freshly baked crullers [fat-fried sweet cakes], Dorothy's harried Aunt rebuffs her and sternly chides her for causing trouble - suggesting that she find a place where she won't get into anyone's way: Now Dorothy, will you stop imagining things. You always get yourself into a fret over was west side story nothing. Now you just help us out today and find yourself a place where you won't get into any trouble.

This cues up a forlorn and the melting pot play crestfallen Dorothy for the singing of her beloved, haunting and plaintive, but immortal song Over the Rainbow. Dreaming, yearning and wistfully longing for a trouble-free, fascinating, far-away world beyond her home-land where happiness can be found - where bluebirds fly and there are colorful rainbows. [In Baum's book, Kansas was gray and drab - appropriately accentuated by where was west story filmed the sepia-toned opening that is faithful to the source material.] In the barnyard, she strolls from a bale of Racism in Native American Mascots, hay (on which she leans back), to an old wheel (that she pulls), to a discarded piece of farm machinery (on which she and Toto sit), while singing about leaving her home: (Speaking) Some place where there isn't any trouble. (To Toto) Do you suppose there is such a place, Toto? There must be. It's not a place you can get to side, by a boat or a train, It's far, far away, behind the moon, beyond the rain. (Singing) Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high. There's a land that I've heard of, once in Racism American Mascots Essay a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream. Really do come true.

Some day I'll wish upon a star. And wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops. Away above the chimney tops. That's where you'll find me. Birds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh why, can't I?

Songbirds sing as shafts of where was west story, sunlight pierce through the clouds. If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow. Why, oh why, can't I? Just then, in a memorable image accompanied with ominous music, Dorothy's fantasies are shattered by the appearance of a stern-faced, ugly Miss Gulch riding her creaky bicycle down the educational goals, country road toward the farm. After leaning her bicycle against where story the fence, she speaks to Henry to complain about Dorothy (actually about Dorothy's dog): Miss Gulch: I want to educational goals examples, see you and your wife right away about where was west Dorothy. Henry: Dorothy?

Well, what has Dorothy done? Miss Gulch: What's she done? I'm all but lame from the bite on my leg. Henry: You mean she bit ya? Miss Gulch: No, her dog. Henry: Oh, she bit her dog, eh? In the living room, the Use of Three in Things Fall Essay, exasperated, unpleasant and sour Miss Gulch presents Dorothy's guardians with an ultimatum. She has a court order to take Toto away as Dorothy clutches her dog protectively in where was west side her arms: That dog's a menace to the community. I'm taking him to the sheriff and make sure he's destroyed. Dorothy begs for reconsideration: Destroyed?

Toto? Oh you can't. You mustn't. Auntie Em, Uncle Henry, you won't let her, will ya. Please, Aunt Em. Summary Of The Pardoner's! Toto didn't mean to. Filmed! He didn't know he was doing anything wrong. I'm the one that ought to be punished. I let him go in her garden. You can send me to summary of the pardoner's, bed without supper. Dorothy identifies with her dog - and volunteers to was west filmed, take Toto's place for punishment.

The hated, nasty woman threatens further action (to take the whole farm if she doesn't get the dog), although Auntie Em insinuates that Toto is educational, harmless to was west story, almost everyone: Miss Gulch: If you don't hand over adventure genre that dog, I'll bring a damage suit that will take your whole farm. There's a law protectin' folks against dogs that bite. Auntie Em: How would it be if she keeps him tied up? He's really gentle, with gentle people, that is.

Miss Gulch: Well, that's for the sheriff to decide. Miss Gulch presents a sheriff's order allowing her to take Toto, and Dorothy's helpless guardians, after protesting with only token resistance, are forced to comply with the was west story, law and give up the the melting pot play, dog: Well, we can't go against the law, Dorothy. I'm afraid poor Toto will have to go. As Uncle Henry stuffs Toto into the wicker basket to be put on the back of the woman's bicycle, Dorothy prophetically screams: No, no, I won't let you take him. You go away, well I'll bite you myself. You wicked old witch! After Dorothy turns away to her room, sobbing, Auntie Em criticizes Miss Gulch for her misguided influence and strength in the community - but then withholds her anger due to her Christian charity: Almira Gulch! Just because you own half the county doesn't mean you have the power to run the rest of us.

For twenty-three years, I've been dying to tell you what I thought of where was west story, you. And now, well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it. A little way down the country road as Miss Gulch pedals away, the adventure film genre, redoubtable Toto pokes his head out of her wicker basket and escapes from her clutches - he jumps out as she rides off unaware. He scurries back to the farm and jumps into the window of Dorothy's bedroom [with poppy-flower wallpaper] to be embraced and side filmed hugged tightly (where Dorothy lies crying next to her bed). Fearing that Miss Gulch will return to claim Toto, and Racism Mascots realizing how inadequate and weak the where was west, adult figures (parent substitutes) are in her life, Dorothy immediately decides to Racism Essay, take control of her own destiny. She determines that she will run away from home with Toto: They'll be coming back for you any minute. We've got to was west story filmed, get away.

We've got to run away. Without hesitation, she swiftly packs her suitcase and they trudge down the pardoner's tale, lonely country dirt road together to find a better world away from the farm. On their way after crossing a wooden bridge, the runaways encounter a horse-drawn carnival wagon broken down in an embankment, inscribed on the side with big letters: Professor MARVEL, Acclaimed by side The Crowned Heads of Europe, Let Him Read Your Past, Present Future in the melting His Crystal, Also Juggling and Sleight of Hand. Prophetically also, white-haired Professor Marvel (Frank Morgan), dressed in formal clothes and wearing a black neckerchief around his collar is a genial, but fraudulent, down-and-out fortune teller and carnival showman. Playing his accustomed role as a kindly fortune teller, he makes several guesses about what she is doing by where side filmed analyzing her appearance, while roasting a hot dog/sausage on a long stick over an open fire at Use of in Things Fall Apart, his campsite. He miraculously divines/'guesses' her plight and was west side story objectives by noting her little suitcase:

The Professor: You're traveling in disguise, no, that's not right, I. you're going on Adventures a visit? No, I'm wrong, that's, uh, you're, uh, you're running away. Dorothy: How did you guess? The Professor: Professor Marvel never guesses, he knows. Now why are you running away? No, no, no, don't tell me.

Uh, they don't understand you at home, they don't appreciate you. You want to see other lands, big cities, big mountains, big oceans! Dorothy: Why, it's just like you could read what was inside of me. While Professor Marvel is not looking, Toto impolitely eats his hot dog, but is quickly forgiven by the medicine man. Dorothy wishes to join him on his adventures: Why can't we go with you and see all the Crowned Heads of was west story filmed, Europe? To find an answer to her request, he consults his crystal ball inside the the melting, wagon: I never do anything without consulting my crystal first. He leads Dorothy inside the wagon where a crystal ball rests on a low table. To promote his magic, he removes his broad-brimmed black hat and where was west filmed places a silken turban on Essay For Freedom Finn" his head: This is the same, genuine magic authentic crystal used by the priests of Isis and Osiris in the days of the Pharaohs of Egypt, in which Cleopatra first saw the approach of where was west side story filmed, Julius Caesar and Marc Antony. And so on and so on.

After she is instructed to close her eyes so she can be better in tune with the infinite, he rummages through her basket and Use of Three in Things Fall Essay finds a photo of her with her kindly Aunt next to side story, the farm's white picket fence. Cleverly, he reports a painful vision of Three Apart Essay, a house, a picket fence, a barn, a weathervane of a running horse, and where was west filmed a care-worn farm woman wearing a polka-dot dress. He reports that the woman is crying: The Professor: Her name is Emily. Dorothy: That's right. What's she doing?

The Professor: Well I, uh, I can't quite see. Why she's crying. Someone has hurt her. Someone has just about broken her heart. The Professor: Well, it's uh, someone she loves very much. Someone she's been very kind to. Someone she's taken care of in sickness. Dorothy: I had the the melting, measles once and she stayed right by me every minute. What's she doing now? The Professor: . What's this?

Well, she's, she's putting her hand on her heart. Side Story! Oh, she's, she's dropping down on educational goals the bed. In a very subtle manner, Professor Marvel forces Dorothy to fear both losing and where was west hurting her Auntie Em. He persuades Dorothy to return home, playing on her sense of loyalty and concern toward her family. Understandably, Dorothy is worried about her absence from the farm and its effect upon her sick Aunt. She jumps up and is willing to the melting pot play, return home immediately, as a fierce storm brews and looms on the horizon: I have to get to was west side, her right away. She turns back to pot play, thank the Professor before hurrying up to the road to get home: Goodbye, Professor Marvel, and thanks a lot. Marvel is concerned about the safety of side, his horse and adventure film genre the young girl: Better get under cover, Sylvester, there's a storm blowin' up, a whopper!

Just speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid. I hope she get's home all right.

Buy Essay Papers Online - West Side Story - Prologue - (PopSpots) - PopSpotsNYC

Write My Essay Online for Cheap - West Side Story': Photos From the Set of an American Movie Classic

Psychology/ Teen Suicide term paper 16115. Suicide of any kind is an act in which a person takes his or her own life. FACT: Suicide is a prevalent cause of death among America’s youth today. Every day more than 1000 teenagers will think about suicide and eighteen will be successful in committing it. It is an ever-growing problem that can be described as unnecessary and uncalled for. Knowledge and understanding are key factors to preventing teenage suicide. The problem will usually originate from where was west story a period of depression, either as a medical concern, or simply because of a saddened event in a person’s life. The bottom line is, suicide among teens is not a rare event, and it may be preventable with the Racism in Native American Essay, proper treatment. Suicide is the third leading cause of death for 15 to 24 year olds and the sixth leading cause of death for side story 5 to 14 year olds, barely surpassed by car accidents and homicide (http://www.kidshealth.org).

The question is why would someone want to die? Research shows that most teens attempting to of the pardoner's commit suicide regret it at the last minute and wish they could live after all. Faced with the where side story, certainty of their own death, most said they suddenly realized that their problems weren’t so big that they somehow couldn’t be solved. On Search In "The Adventures Finn"? Their problems weren’t so bad that somehow they couldn’t find a way to was west filmed survive them. In the second before they almost died, they knew they wanted to pot play live (Nelson Galas 12). Many events and warning signs lead up to a suicide. Thoughts and attempts of was west side suicide are commonly instigated by the medical condition, depression. The person often experiences strong feelings of stress, confusion, self-doubt, the pressure to succeed, financial uncertainty and in Native Mascots Essay, other fears while growing up. Filmed? According to the experts, more than eighty percent of the time they are extremely depressed, and their minds are therefore focused on the terrible emotional pain in which they find themselves (Colman 75).

In their depression, they often dwell on what they feel is their unlucky and helpless lot in Literary Techniques, life, repeatedly leading them to believe that their situation is hopeless. FACT: Few suicides happen without some kind of warning. Most teenagers who have attempted or committed suicide will leave several hints and where was west filmed, warning signs along the way. They will say or do things to let others know they are in trouble and thinking about dying. A more common occurrence is the young person frequently talking about Use of Three Literary Techniques Fall Apart Essay, death or that no one would miss them if they were gone. Some even give away personal belongings. Few will keep their intent to where was west story filmed die an absolute secret from everyone, and some even tell friends about Racism American Mascots, their plans (Nelson Galas 25). Many people may begin to do more dangerous acts, like reckless driving or minor acts like not wearing a seatbelt in where was west filmed, a car, when they are feeling suicidal (http://www.harthosp.org/HealthInfo/scripts/scr0341.htm). Use Of Techniques In Things? After all, an accident will only make dying easier.

Deep down teens are scared to die. They may come to the point where they do not care if they die, but most fear it the minute they come close to where was west side filmed touching it, especially if they are the Essay For Freedom in "The of Huckleberry, ones doing it themselves. Besides the suicides mistakenly labeled as “accidents”, many suicides go unreported. It is painful for was west story filmed families to admit that their children have committed suicide (Nelson Galas 24). In some cases, depression can be a medical condition in which the summary of the pardoner's tale, patient should be carefully observed as much as possible.

Symptoms of attempting suicide are similar to those of where side depression. Some of the summary pardoner's, more rampant symptoms include a change in eating and where side, sleeping habits, a marked personality change and a lost of Fall Apart Essay interest in pleasurable activities. They physically appear sad and weighted down, and can sleep a great deal, even talking in where was west filmed, soft, tired voices (http://www.aap.org/advocacy/childhealthmonth/prevteensuicide.htm). On the other hand while depression and suicide are similar in many respects, one will not necessarily result in goals, another. Was West Story Filmed? It is possible for Racism in Native American Mascots someone depressed to never think about suicide at all (Galas 42). Depression can set teenagers up for where side story suicide attempts because they are often led to believe their troubles and sadness will never end. They fall into a cycle that follows a pattern of depression, isolation, sadness, and pardoner's, more depression. The longer the cycle lasts, the greater the was west side, risk that they will try to pot play end their sadness and where side story, loneliness by film genre ending their own life. Life is notoriously known for handing teens a bountiful of was west side filmed pressures they must face almost every day. The teenage years can really be a period of turmoil for pot play just about anyone.

There are many pressures to succeed, and should they fail, the was west, fear the thought of Use of Essay disappointing their parents. Was West Side? Learning to conquer feelings of summary of the disappointment and self-doubt is part of where growing up. For some teens, however, these feelings become overwhelming and their thoughts turn to suicide. Unfortunately, due to greater access to drugs, lethal weapons, such as firearms, and motor vehicles it is easier to be able to be successful in goals examples, committing suicide. Part of the reason the youth suicide rate has gone so high in recent years is because it is easier to get the tools; boys often use firearms to kill themselves (which seem to be so commonly found in homes and of easy access these days) and girls generally use pills. Suicide, or attempted suicide, serves different purposes for different people. One teen may plan that his final act in life will be one of defiance and revenge. There is the case study of one young man who was having suicidal thoughts and seeing a crisis counselor because of it (Smith 49). He would tell his crisis counselor, “They’ll be sorry when I’m gone.” His anger was furious inside, and he had wanted to hurt his parents, as he was hurting from their lack of acceptance of his behavior and respect for his growing sense of independence and was west, freedom.

What he neglected to remember was that if he were dead he would not be there to enjoy the revenge. Suicide is preventable. Some people think that if teenagers are suicidal there is no way of stopping them in killing themselves. It is also a common belief that those who don’t succeed in killing themselves the first time will keep trying until they do. Suicide is Racism Mascots, often described as a desperate cry for help. In most cases it is actually a form of communication; a way of telling others that things are not okay inside and that the person feels helpless to do anything about it (Smith 49). Often friends and parents don’t respond to a teen that says, “I’m going to where was west story kill myself.” They think that person is just asking for film attention and is trying to use them or trick them into doing something he or she wants. While it is true they may be seeking attention, he or she may be quite serious at the same time. To be a friend in this situation, you need to put aside your own feelings about what it means to get attention. Instead, one needs to start paying attention to what a suicidal person is saying and was west side filmed, not what their motives might be for talking about it.

Teenagers who are suicidal will almost always give out several warning signs that they are. Warning signs include making suicide threats, showing sudden change in behavior, giving away treasured possessions, becoming aggressive, rebellious or disobedient, and taking risks or becoming self-destructive. They may also have recently experienced a significant loss. While they are useful indicators, these signals are not foolproof. The Melting Pot Play? Teens typically go through phases of defiant behavior as a part of was west side story their increasing independence and Racism in Native Essay, separation from parents (http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Sociology/suicide.htm). They may also exhibit moodiness, withdrawal or anger in reaction to such events as not making an athletic team or breaking up with a significant other.

The key to distinguishing between normal adolescent turbulence and the danger signals is the time, degree and amount of deviation from usual personality and behavior. It is a fact that people who attempt suicide are in the most danger when they start to feel better. There is often a case of shock and surprise when a person commits suicide just when they seemed to have been getting better. The truth is most young people are suicidal only once in their lives (Nelson Galas 30). They can get help before it is too late through a concerned and where was west filmed, caring friend or parent. Showing a suicidal individual that there is in fact someone who cares about him or her minimizes his or her thought on killing.

Parents are a positive influence in educational, helping prevent their teen from committing suicide. Side Story? A lack of parental interest can serve to be a problem. Many children grow up in divorced households, while others experience both parents as full time workers, leaving little time for family time (Smith 47). By paying attention to their child’s warning signs they can avert them from doing something disastrous. They can make sure their child always has someone to Essay For Freedom in "The of Huckleberry confide in, whether it is a parent, grandparent, priest, coach, doctor, etc. Parents should not attempt to minimize what their child is side story filmed, going through, and the melting, express a great deal of love, concern and support. According to a study, ninety percent of suicidal teenagers believed their families did not understand them. Where Story? They also reported that when young people tried to tell their parents about their feelings of unhappiness or failure, their mother and father denied or ignored their point of view (http://www.aap.org/advocacy/childhealthmonth/prevteensuicide.htm). There is also always the option of seeking medical help. Proper treatments can be given if professional help is adventure film genre, sought. There are a variety of outpatient and hospital-based treatment programs available.

It can also help to find an outlet for a teenager’s feelings by letting them do something they love. Most importantly, individuals willing to help a suicidal teen should build up a support system for them. Adults can help prevent suicide by fostering open, honest communication with teens. If a teen trusts you enough to come to you with a problem, take time to listen to them. Delay may only fuel feelings of doom in was west story, the teen (http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Sociology/suicide.htm).

It is a common misconception that if a teenager talks about suicide they will become suicidal. The truth is talking about the subject and using the term “suicide” may help someone think his or her cries for help are being heard. Film Genre? A teen can be constantly reassured that they are loved, and was west side, remind them that no matter how awful his problems may seem they can be worked out and you are willing to help. On Search Finn"? Ask them to talk about where story filmed, his or her feelings, and listen carefully to them. Film? Do not dismiss her problems or get angry with her. On a final note, the removal of all lethal weapons in one’s home, including guns, pills, kitchen utensils and ropes can be a key to preventing teen suicide. In addition, certain strategies may be helpful when dealing with teens and suicides.

For example, never agreeing to keep the discussion of suicide with a teen a secret. Where Was West Side Story Filmed? Instead, agree to give help and adventure genre, support in was west story filmed, getting professional help. Talking about suicide in an open manner is another helpful strategy. Examples? Teens need to be given a chance to discuss suicide by voicing their thoughts and where story, opinions. Candid discussion is important particularly when a teen suicide has occurred in a community.

Also, letting young people know about summary tale, hotline telephone numbers and crisis intervention services that are accessible locally will only reassure them that there is indeed help out there. If one must, risk getting involved. Was West? If you suspect suicidal thoughts or behavior in a teen, ask them if she or he is considering suicide. Don’t avoid the subject or wait for the teen to pot play come to you. It is most necessary to was west side filmed be alert to the melting pot play a teen’s feelings. The severity of the problem should be judged from the teen’s perception, not by adult standards. If a teen perceives something as a problem, then it is a problem for him or her. In the addition to where was west story filmed helpful strategies in dealing with teens and adventure genre, suicide, modeling healthy behavior and positive problem-solving approaches will demonstrate to teens how adults can be models for young people by dealing with their stress in a constructive manner. Use of television shows, films, newspaper articles and other media as a trigger for a discussion of effective ways to deal with stress and depression are also practical.

Lastly, provide opportunities for group support. Side Story? Teens sharing problems with other teens that help find solutions can be beneficial (http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/Sociology/suicide.htm). Teen suicide is clearly one of the more rapidly growing causes of death for adventure young people today. It is not an infrequent occurrence and can definitely be prevented with the help of proper treatment and action. Depression, pressures in life in general, and the greater access to lethal weapons and drugs are some of the major causes and reasons of suicide.

They are all preventable however, in was west story filmed, more ways than one. Greta was a firm believer in the age-old saying that sometimes the best way to overcome something is to understand it. Mascots? Adults need to take the possibility of teen suicide seriously even if their community has not experienced one. Teen depression and thoughts of was west story suicide are more common than many adults assume and there are as many as fifty to one hundred suicide attempts for pot play every young person who actually takes his or her own life. The loving concern of today’s busy parent or the help of a caring friend is important in helping a teen because it lets them know that someone does in fact care about them. Suicide is avoidable, but actions must be taken quickly.

Maybe then we can assist in putting a stop to the third leading cause of death in young people today. Colman, Warren. Where? Understanding and Preventing Teen Suicide. Chicago: Childrens Press Inc. 1990. Smith, Judie. Coping with Suicide. New York: The Rosen Publishing Group, Inc., 1990.

Nelson, Richard E., Ph.D, and adventure, Galas, Judith C. The Power to Prevent Suicide. A Guide for Teens Helping Teens. Minnesota: Free Spirit Publishing Inc., 1994. “Some Things You Should Know About Preventing Teen Suicide.” American Academy of Pediatrics. Side Filmed? 1998. The Melting? 29 May 2000. “Suicide Prevention.” Health Info. 2000. 29 May 2000. Kids Health.

1997-2000. Was West Filmed? 29 May 2000. “Preventing Teen Suicide.” University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service. 1999. 29 May 2000. Word Count: 2303. Our writers are all Uni graduates able to work effectively on any level under time constraints. Well-versed in most subjects and summary of the tale, citation styles, our writers have years of ghostwriting experience doing both academic and professional projects. Every paper is was west story filmed, written from scratch based on your instructions and there is no plagiarism of any kind. Plus, we guarantee free unlimited revisions. You will enjoy direct contact with the writer throughout the entire process and will receive the paper by e-mail/download.

The projects are never resold and will remain your unique property for a lifetime. The service is totally confidential and all client information is kept private. We guarantee that the paper will adequately meet your guidelines and Techniques Apart, be done by the deadline, otherwise we will give you your money back, if we fail (terms of service apply).